5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 5.7L Muffler question re. size/configuration

RTDDTF

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone help me confirm the relevant sizes & configuration for an aftermarket muffler? I have a 2021 Ram 1500 5.7L - I believe it is 3" in and 3" out (single inlet/outlet) but wanted to be sure of the configuration (centered/off-set)?

I'm looking at the Flowmaster 50 Series Heavy Duty - I want to check and be sure if this one works: https://www.discountbandit.com/flow...er-50-series-h-d-muffler-3-00-in-o-out-c.html

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you doing it yourself? Just go to a good muffler shop, they can do the custom piping to make sure it fits ok, otherwise you are probably going to get a direct fit system that you will cut and install yourself.

No welding is required on those kits, though they do recommend a tack weld to keep the clamp from coming loose. I would just go with a custom muffler shop install, it will cost slightly less but more secure.

RTDDTF

Reaction score
I do, I actually like it a lot. Make 1 simple cut and bolt it up.
This is a video of it on my older 19. Sold the truck and now it’s on my 2020.

sounds great! What level of sound did you get (moderate /aggressive /delete)? Did you leave resonators on?

jtread4

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone help me confirm the relevant sizes & configuration for an aftermarket impeller? I have a 2021 Ram 1500 5.7L - I believe it is 3" in and 3" out (single inlet/outlet) but wanted to be sure of the configuration (centered/off-set)?

I'm looking at the Flowmaster 50 Series Heavy Duty - I want to check and be sure if this one works: https://www.discountbandit.com/flow...er-50-series-h-d-muffler-3-00-in-o-out-c.html

I actually have the 50 HD on my 2019 5.7. The one I have is center in offset out. Took it to a local shop who put it on for $50ish if I remember right. Had them give me the stock in case my wife hated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTDDTF

Reaction score
I actually have the 50 HD on my 2019 5.7. The one I have is center in offset out. Took it to a local shop who put it on for $50ish if I remember right. Had them give me the stock in case my wife hated it.

I can only seem to find offset in, center out - do you have a link for the one you bought?

zdeckich

Reaction score
sounds great! What level of sound did you get (moderate /aggressive /delete)? Did you leave resonators on?
I have the round muffler (Pypes M80) Its the aggressive one on the drop down. And I still have the resonators.

jtread4

Reaction score
I can only seem to find offset in, center out - do you have a link for the one you bought?

I bought it off Craigslist for cheap as it was a display and the guy wanted it off his shelf. Maybe I’m misremembering and the offset in, center out would work. I’ll see if I can look back through some posts to confirm.

21 Air Rebel

Reaction score
Just installed the B2 Fab resonator delete kit with the 5 inch tips running the stock muffler. If your looking for just a good tune so your truck sounds like a truck its perfect. Pretty much sounds like the clips of the B2 moderate muffler with resonator delete.

traviswalden

Reaction score
Just installed the B2 Fab resonator delete kit with the 5 inch tips running the stock muffler. If your looking for just a good tune so your truck sounds like a truck its perfect. Pretty much sounds like the clips of the B2 moderate muffler with resonator delete.
Man I have looked forever for this comment. I’m considering doing the B2 resonator delete with stock muffler. I just want something a hair louder than stock and just a really good tone. And no drone. Do you notice any drone at all? How is it in the cab on the highway? Any louder after almost a year later?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Man I have looked forever for this comment. I’m considering doing the B2 resonator delete with stock muffler. I just want something a hair louder than stock and just a really good tone. And no drone. Do you notice any drone at all? How is it in the cab on the highway? Any louder after almost a year later?
Flowmaster flowfx would work for ya. Pretty quiet while cruising but sounds good when you get on it. No drone

Joel-A

Reaction score
I had the B2 Fabrications muffler delete straight pipe but left on the rear small resonators and factory tips for almost two years on my truck. It was aggressive, sounds badass, except for when MDS kicks in and at certain RPMs. Sometimes it just sounds like **** and drones bad, you can feel the vibrations in the cab on your ear drums, I didn't mind with the stereo up but when you have passengers and you're having a conversation it was obnoxious and they'd be like WTF is that sound, sounds like ****. So recently I went with a Magnaflow xMOD with the NO Drone Technology part #14009 3'' in and out. This muffler has diffrent attachments that you can change out yourself with a socket wrench to balance drone and sound aggression. The muffler is $549 and the shop charged me $200 for install, this one doesn't have the offset so it takes a little longer to install and they fabricated a hanger for it as well. So far I really like this Magnaflow, it's aggressive with the most aggressive attachment with little to no drone. You can still tell when MDS kicks in but it's not vibrating your ears, it's much better. I've got several hundred miles on it already and I've got to say the muffler really does fight the drone but still makes my truck sound like a damn truck with a V8. Oh, cold starts sound good too.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
Did you do the resonator delete and keep stock muffler? If so how’s it sound?

21 Air Rebel

Reaction score
It’s been over a year now and no change that I Can tell. No drone while driving it’s quiet. A little louder at idle. Good tone for me was not looking for loud or any noise in the cab.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
It’s been over a year now and no change that I Can tell. No drone while driving it’s quiet. A little louder at idle. Good tone for me was not looking for loud or any noise in the cab.
Do you have a sound clip? And to confirm it is the stock muffler and no rear resonators?

Users who are viewing this thread