5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 5.7 DT ram cold start exhaust leak

Fbird

Reaction score
^^ as stated. So I have been in this truck 3 months. Notices sloppy exhaust about 3 weeks in but not on my list as I had MNAY much more important things going on. Finally at a lul point to address exhaust leak (vey noticable now that it kinda gets cold). Dodge dealer #1 needs the truck for 5-7 days so they can check it out.
Dealer #2 's 1st appointment is 28 days from NOW and needs it 5 days to check out. Dealer #3 first appointment is FEB 12 and needs it 5 days to check it out.

WHAT KIND OF CHIT IS THIS FOR WARRANTY WORK? I have 53400 miles NOW ...in 2 months i'll be around 57000+

I will have $350 in a rental (as none provide loaners) for them to do warranty work on broken manifold bolts????? I SCREAM >>>B.S.

Is this the way MODERN warranty crap works....I can sub the job out for $350 and have it back the same afternoon by local shops that actually work.
While it has been a long time since I worked at the dealerships there is no freaking way stupid chit like this went on... I mean really ...its a 30 min SCHEDULED diagnostic (that requires min 6 hr cool down time) ,,,THEN schedule the fix.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^ as stated. So I have been in this truck 3 months. Notices sloppy exhaust about 3 weeks in but not on my list as I had MNAY much more important things going on. Finally at a lul point to address exhaust leak (vey noticable now that it kinda gets cold). Dodge dealer #1 needs the truck for 5-7 days so they can check it out.
Dealer #2 's 1st appointment is 28 days from NOW and needs it 5 days to check out. Dealer #3 first appointment is FEB 12 and needs it 5 days to check it out.

WHAT KIND OF CHIT IS THIS FOR WARRANTY WORK? I have 53400 miles NOW ...in 2 months i'll be around 57000+

I will have $350 in a rental (as none provide loaners) for them to do warranty work on broken manifold bolts????? I SCREAM >>>B.S.

Is this the way MODERN warranty crap works....I can sub the job out for $350 and have it back the same afternoon by local shops that actually work.
While it has been a long time since I worked at the dealerships there is no freaking way stupid chit like this went on... I mean really ...its a 30 min SCHEDULED diagnostic (that requires min 6 hr cool down time) ,,,THEN schedule the fix.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
I dont understand how some dealers have such large lead times to get warranty vehicles in for service. What part of the country are you in? There are at least 5 different dealers within 45 minutes of me, and none have such ridiculous lead times.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are selective, call back and see how long they can get you in for some customer pay work like a list of maintenance.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I dont understand how some dealers have such large lead times to get warranty vehicles in for service. What part of the country are you in? There are at least 5 different dealers within 45 minutes of me, and none have such ridiculous lead times.
Bought my Ram in NJ. The dealership was getting booked out for the end of September in August. First question he asked was if I bought the truck there, if not he would not even book me.
Don't know how the other dealerships are.

Max BMW in Troy NY gave me a 2 week wait to put tires on years back, that was with the wheels off the mc. Don't know the current scenario.

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
Youre manifolds are cracked, they will prob be on back order. Every ram dealer around me is terrible about loaners. Welcome to the reality of once you buy it they could care less about you now.

Fbird

Reaction score
Im in ATL area. I have NOT pulled the heat shields to see what I got YET but I am running out of milage quickly...Just a PITA

Users who are viewing this thread