5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 - Upgrading to Mirrors w/ Power, Auto-Dimming, and Blind Spot

freebird615

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn EcoDiesel. The mirrors are manual. My last truck had power mirrors, auto-dimming, and blind spot on driver and passenger sides. I'd like that on this truck as well. My rear-view mirror has auto-dimming (after enabling in UConnect), so I imagine if I have the right parts it would work for side mirrors as well. After some research, it looks like I will need the following parts:

New front door switch with the power mirror button
New driver side door module
New passenger side door module
OBD2 and Jscan (or similar) to program the computer

And new mirrors. However, I cannot seem to find mirrors that have the three features. A lot of what I find seem to not be auto-dimming. Can anyone assist in providing part numbers for mirrors that have these features that would fit my truck and are not extended towing mirrors? Also, will I need anything other than the above parts to make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Belial9112

Reaction score
I’m not sure about the auto-dimming, but if you want to swap to mirrors that have blind spot, expect to upgrade your taillights as well and according to the parts manager at my local dealership you’re going to have to swap computer modules as well. I don’t know about that second part, but the taillights will definitely need to be on your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online