5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 Limited won't stay aligned

rhebb7

Reaction score
Forgive me if this there's already a thread for this, but I could not find one.

I have a 2021 1500 Limited with just under 80k miles on it. Since I've had it I have had to change tires about every 20k miles because the outside of the tires wear away. Everytime I get the oil changed I have to get it re-aligned.
I had an issue with the steering gear that needed replaced, and the hope was that fixing that would fix the issue, but it has not fixed the issue that it continually needs realigned.
I disabled the aerodynamic mode to keep the vehicle at the same level in hopes that might resolve it. This does not work either.
I have the extended 3rd party warranty through 100k miles, so I'd like to get this resolved, but I also can't just drop this off at the dealer for a week+ because they won't give me a loaner.
I do drive on some dirt and gravel roads, but I'm not slamming pot holes or anything that would cause me to the truck to come out of alignment regularly. Before this I had a 2017 1500 Laramie that did not have this issue on the same roads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
I hear you on this one. I have had several Ram 1500's since 2015 and it appears that since my 2015 each model has issues wearing the front tire evenly.
Do you think you have a bad ball joint?
What about your toe in on the front?

Here is a thread on the specs for play in ball joints, lower ball joint.

Do you have printouts of your before and after alignment specs?

rhebb7

Reaction score
Do you have printouts of your before and after alignment specs?
I'll have to look if I still have them. I'm going to take it to get aligned again this week since it's been about 5000 miles since the last one.

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
I found a shop that the same guy has been doing alignments for 30 years, no machine with lasers.

It appears to be good so far, only time will tell.

I did see a guy on YouTube that got an alignment tool kit for $600 that is a do it yourself kit, it appears to have worked well for him and his comments were he can check it anytime and does not have to drop $100 + the time it takes to get in a shop every time he wants to check it. I'll see if I can find the video.

rhebb7

Reaction score
This was the print out after about 5000 miles since the previous alignment. I need to dig through my truck to see if I can find any older ones.

It seems less severe than it was before the steering gear was replaced, but I was also going 10k miles between oil change, tire rotations, and alignment checks

Attachments

• 34CD8A3D-4DC4-4B4F-9C75-72E448D72C93.jpeg
    34CD8A3D-4DC4-4B4F-9C75-72E448D72C93.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online