5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 Crew Cab Harman Kardon audio upgrade question

bamaman35

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 2021 Ram 1500 with the 12 inch screen and Harmon Kardon audio system. I am upgrading to an active system and have the following equipment:

JL Audio 8 x 75w

Rockford FOsgate 1000w mono

Rockford FOsgate 12 inch sub

ATI Acoustics custom box

AudioControl DM-810

2x Alpine R Series 6x9 Component sets

Pac Amp Module to system integration

2x 3.5 inch Faital Pro midrange woofers(Front Dash corners)

My question:

I'm very limited behind the seat to add amps, etc because I have the etorque battery in the way. This setup gives me active 6x9's in each door, a tweeter in the high location of each front door, a 3 inch mid driver in the corner spots of the dash, a 6x9 woofer only on each rear door, and the sub under the backseat all active and on the dsp. My concern is that I dont have any high range at all in the backseat and it will sound terrible back there. The truck has two factory 3.5 locations in the rear headliner but my dsp only has one output available and my amps are full. My main focus with this build is SQ and having an overall amazing stereo system.

What is the easiest/best way to add the two speakers in the rear headliner to my active system? I'm thinking a good coax set back there to get tweeters as well

Users who are viewing this thread