5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 1500 5.7 etorque

Joemac

Reaction score
My 2021 1500 eTorque has a constant rumbling coming From rear driver side seat area. IT IS CONSTANT BETWEEN 25 TO 55 mph.
Not as noticeable on interstate speeds. Dealer says" normal for eTorque". Does anyone else experience this and is there a fix?
I am ready to trade for a new Tundra like the one I traded in. Never had 1 problem with it!

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Either take it to a different dealer, or take one of their new 2021 models out for a drive with the service manager or the tech, and then take them for a short drive in yours. Show him how the one on their lot doesn't do that, and yours does. Sometimes its easier to demonstrate to someone the difference if you do it back-to-back.

U

User_3336

My 2021 1500 eTorque has a constant rumbling coming From rear driver side seat area. IT IS CONSTANT BETWEEN 25 TO 55 mph.
Not as noticeable on interstate speeds. Dealer says" normal for eTorque". Does anyone else experience this and is there a fix?
I am ready to trade for a new Tundra like the one I traded in. Never had 1 problem with it!
Is the "rumble" causing a driveability issue? that would seriously make you trade for a Tundra?
Did you not notice this "rumble" during your test drive?

NOTE! The Etorque battery is behind the back seat. Its fan cooled, so is this the noise you are hearing?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might it be the eco mode? Mine rumbles in eco, and it is a common complaint with aftermarket exhausts.

Tinshield

Reaction score
Might it be the eco mode? Mine rumbles in eco, and it is a common complaint with aftermarket exhausts.

This. I'd pay attention to see if the vibration is active with MDS is on. I think it is a normal sensation and it's subtle but there.

Louhound88

Reaction score
No noise from my etorque. I have a borla s type now and mds sounds different but still quiet.

Is it constant between those speeds regardless of rpm? If it were etorque motor winding issues I'd suspect to hear it vary with rpm. If it's constant between just tire speed then it may be suspension or wheel related.

fishslayer

Reaction score
Whatever it is, it is not normal.. unless its the exhaust sound changing when MDS goes into 4 cyl ECO mode .. SEE YOUR DEALER

Users who are viewing this thread