5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 v6 engine miss

Cdaugherty1003

Reaction score
Just traded in my 17 for a 20. I kept the 6 cyl as I had great luck with it. At about 700 miles I started having an engine miss/bucking issue at low rpms. Say I’m doing 55 and I’m running 1400 at steady pedal it bucks until I throttle up. Took it to the dealer and they can’t duplicate it. Opened a claim with Chrysler and now I’m waiting on a dealer to get back to me as none of them offer loaners. Made my first payment today. Anyone experience anything like this?

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just traded in my 17 for a 20. I kept the 6 cyl as I had great luck with it. At about 700 miles I started having an engine miss/bucking issue at low rpms. Say I’m doing 55 and I’m running 1400 at steady pedal it bucks until I throttle up. Took it to the dealer and they can’t duplicate it. Opened a claim with Chrysler and now I’m waiting on a dealer to get back to me as none of them offer loaners. Made my first payment today. Anyone experience anything like this?

Your best bet is to take the dealer with you on a test drive. First make sure you know how to reproduce the problem often enough so that you can demonstrate the issue, because the second you complain about something and can't reproduce it with dealer inside your credibility with them with is shot to pieces. And then once they see you demoing the issue, they pretty much have to do something about it or tell you "it's normal" in which case you can escalate or find a better dealer etc.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi Cdaugherty1003,

I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you are in need of any assistance hearing back on your case or any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We are always more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Slow&easy

Reaction score
Do some searching on here as I have posted my same issues with this. Finally after 3 months and 6 trips to the dealer I got them to do a ride along. The tech said I have a bad torque converter most likely or a bad valve body. I had to go to 2 different dealers and have my truck flashed several times before I could get a ride along. It's frustrating when you have a new truck and nobody listens.
"3.6L absolute frustration with transmission"

Cdaugherty1003

Reaction score
I’ve just had my 4th dealer visit with no resolution. I’ve had a case open since 700 miles and I’m now at about 2500. A chunk of those miles are dealer driven. I asked the rep about a buyback as I clearly have a problem and gave them multiple opportunities to fix it. They shot me down immediately saying they get to make 4 “ repairs” without a fix before it qualifies. They suggested contacting my dealer to trade out if I was unhappy. That would be an amazing trick 3 months in. The only positive is my local dealer has been great. Looks like I’m stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online