5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 sport hood bezel removal

Subsea_Ninja

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to remove the sport hood bezel? Or has anybody removed it that has some tips? It's the bezel top center of hood. I just ordered a new one with the lettering painted to match my truck. Just replaced the grille RAM logo colored matched to my truck and just need to finish this.

Subsea_Ninja

Reaction score
Well I got the bezel off and changed out. Just have to pry it out. Attached are some pics of the color matched RAM grille emblem and hood bezel!

Check out https://shop.retroshop.us/. They did an amazing job!!

IMG_20191228_135742.jpg

IMG_20191228_135722.jpg

rnoggle

Reaction score
Did it damage the original by removing it? I want to paint mine body color if I can re-install it.

Subsea_Ninja

Reaction score
Did it damage the original by removing it? I want to paint mine body color if I can re-install it.
Yes. It broke almost all the tabs off the original bezel. You can get a new one anywhere from $80 to $100. If you want to go that route. I think its almost impossible not to break the tabs. You have to pry pretty hard to get it out.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks really good but I have to ask why you still have the front license plate holder on there if it’s not required where you live which it looks like it isn’t, it kills the look in my opinion.

Subsea_Ninja

Reaction score
That looks really good but I have to ask why you still have the front license plate holder on there if it’s not required where you live which it looks like it isn’t, it kills the look in my opinion.
I have to have it in Texas, but I I removed it off my challenger when I had it and will probably do the same with my truck. I need to order some stuff to fill the holes and some touch up paint. I agree with you, it will definitely look better with the plate off.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
It's easier to just pry off the 1500 5.7 hemi and have it painted then reinstall with new mounting tape. I had the chrome one's on my truck and wanted the black so I just bought a whole new bezel and just removed the black emblems and transferred those to my bezel.

rnoggle

Reaction score
I'm wanting to paint the bezel itself. probably order a new one and paint it.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I'm wanting to paint the bezel itself. probably order a new one and paint it.
I have a brand new one in the box I would be willing to sell, it's just missing the emblems on the sides.

Acogs91

Reaction score
I have to have it in Texas, but I I removed it off my challenger when I had it and will probably do the same with my truck. I need to order some stuff to fill the holes and some touch up paint. I agree with you, it will definitely look better with the plate off.

Paint matched plugs shipped to your door for $20 if you’re interested?? Let me know!
11fdfbf8bbae97acf1027cd85f102ee5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteD

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to remove the sport hood bezel? Or has anybody removed it that has some tips? It's the bezel top center of hood. I just ordered a new one with the lettering painted to match my truck. Just replaced the grille RAM logo colored matched to my truck and just need to finish this.
How did you pry it out without denting the hood?

Users who are viewing this thread