5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel wet floors

jvillej

Reaction score
Cleaning my truck today I lifted the floor mats and there was a wet spot under the front driver side and behind the center console in the rear under the mat. Both spots were about 10 inches in diameter neither were soaking wet but enough that you could feel it and there was a little bit of mold which tells me it's been wet more than a week

Been a couple weeks since we've had rain bit I do visit the car wash regularly. Already check the drains between the bed and cab and also at the front doors. No wetness or apparent leak at the third brake light.

Anyone got any ideas or has this happen?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

jvillej

Reaction score
Floor was damp again under the mat this morning. No rain so I'm thinking ac drain possibly

jvillej

Reaction score
So far no more wet spots. Getting some rain this evening I guess we will see if it's wet tomorrow

jvillej

Reaction score
Well after some on an off rain I pull the mat and there is wetness again. Just the front passenger none in the back this time. Pull up the carpet and found the padding and the foam at the upper part soaked. Water is a little soapy so I'm thinking it's coming from outside

CHIC

Reaction score
You may be right with AC discharge. I would imagine if it is coming from the roof you wouls see some residual somewhere else. I would take it to the dealer!

jvillej

Reaction score
Got an appointment scheduled at the dealer. Been raining past two days and today I saw the water clearly dripping from underneath the glove box near the door. Not a small leak
a1fe3c4350afe7cc323dfd39fc58b032.jpg
b4ca0691197e1cac5cf1ed5b17e51546.jpg

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
Ugh. Keep us posted on that. I dealt with constant leaks on my last truck, and I know how much of a pain that can be.

jvillej

Reaction score
Earliest appointment was January 3rd. I've got the leak to take care of and a bad case of brake moan in the mornings. At this point I think they will have to replace the carpet and foam after the fix the leak. I can smell the mold and mildew. Which makes me think I've had a small leak the whole time that just got worse

CHIC

Reaction score
Ouch!! That is terrible!! The dealer should replace all that for free. Betting it turns out to be a windshield issue. Location of that points to a bad windshield seal. Hopefully nothing else is damaged behind the dash. Let us know what they say.

jvillej

Reaction score
So just got a call from the dealer. They are saying that the leak was from the bottom of the windshield from a small area where the gasket was not installed properly. My windshield was replaced through my insurance by safelite last year. The dealer repaired the windshield but refuses to do anything about the mildewed carper and padding because the leak was caused by safelite apparently. I still do not understand how water would leak from the bottom of the windshield while the truck is standing still in the rain but I can pick up the truck this afternoon and hopefully no more leaks. On the brake moan they are claiming they could not reproduce. Which is pretty ridiculous. I literally hear the moan EVERY morning. It's like a fog horn. I had mentioned the TSB on brake moan and they say they cannot perform the TSB under warranty because there is only a 12k miles coverage of brake pads and rotors. My understanding is the TSB does not require replacement of pads OR rotors. Overall if the leak is fixed I am happy about that but I'm disappointed that my carpet may now be ruined and I have to live with this ridiculous brake moan every morning.

Anyone know if there is someone else at Ram I could contact about the brake issue? Could I buy the kit and repair it myself?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So just got a call from the dealer. They are saying that the leak was from the bottom of the windshield from a small area where the gasket was not installed properly. My windshield was replaced through my insurance by safelite last year. The dealer repaired the windshield but refuses to do anything about the mildewed carper and padding because the leak was caused by safelite apparently. I still do not understand how water would leak from the bottom of the windshield while the truck is standing still in the rain but I can pick up the truck this afternoon and hopefully no more leaks. On the brake moan they are claiming they could not reproduce. Which is pretty ridiculous. I literally hear the moan EVERY morning. It's like a fog horn. I had mentioned the TSB on brake moan and they say they cannot perform the TSB under warranty because there is only a 12k miles coverage of brake pads and rotors. My understanding is the TSB does not require replacement of pads OR rotors. Overall if the leak is fixed I am happy about that but I'm disappointed that my carpet may now be ruined and I have to live with this ridiculous brake moan every morning.

Anyone know if there is someone else at Ram I could contact about the brake issue? Could I buy the kit and repair it myself?
Brake moan took me two tries at the dealership and was covered under the TSB.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
On the brake moan they are claiming they could not reproduce. Which is pretty ridiculous.
Tell them to keep the truck until they CAN reproduce it. I once had an issue that would intermittently happen on cold starts, and I told the dealer to keep the truck and start it every few hours until they duplicated it. I think they had it three days, but it eventually did it for them.

jvillej

Reaction score
Here's some pics the glass tech at the dealer took of the issue. When safelite replaced my windshield back in august, the tech applied the urethane adhesive improperly. Most likely applied the bead to the glass instead of the window seat which caused a large gap on the passenger side and what looks like a small gap on the driver side. Next I'll be trying to get in touch with safelite to see about replacing the water damaged carpet, padding and whatever else. Lesson learned if your getting your glass replaced might want to keep an eye on the tech.
a1e839be08ed04326f647010b5e16c4e.jpg
bbc91c60650a0d0733f6c0238143fbf9.jpg

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As far as the brake moan goes, I recorded it on my phone and played to the service advisor, she was OK with that and scheduled me in for the TSB 05-001-19 work. My mileage was 29,645 at the time.

Last edited:

jvillej

Reaction score
Thanks that's plan. Since it's pretty much every morning I can record a series

Reaction score
I've found wetness under the driver side all weather floor mat a few times myself. Like you , I hear the brake moan sometimes in the morning as well but no other time after that. Sounds like my Rebel is headed for some service too. 🙄

jvillej

Reaction score
I've found wetness under the driver side all weather floor mat a few times myself. Like you , I hear the brake moan sometimes in the morning as well but no other time after that. Sounds like my Rebel is headed for some service too. 🙄
Check my brake moan thread. Completely eliminated the problem for about $60 and a couple hours labor. Some could probably get it done a lot faster

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online