5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rebel A/C Works Fine at highway speed, but not at Idle

AudieD

Reaction score
I did the Muzzy's hack on the truck, if the truck sits overnight and I start it when its 90 degrees outside it starts cooling right away sometimes, others takes me getting up to highway speeds before it starts cooling.

Other times it cools good at highway speeds and not at idle. This is my first Ram so I did the hack think that was the issue. Any other ideas I have extended warranty but just wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks.

This is normal behavior for the 1500s as far as I'm aware. It's a design flaw with the A/C.

The A/C isn't as effective when stationary vs. when moving. You'll probably see a bunch of other owners report the same behavior.

I did the Muzzy's hack on the truck, if the truck sits overnight and I start it when its 90 degrees outside it starts cooling right away sometimes, others takes me getting up to highway speeds before it starts cooling.

Other times it cools good at highway speeds and not at idle. This is my first Ram so I did the hack think that was the issue. Any other ideas I have extended warranty but just wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks.
Check to make sure your electric fan is working. If it's not pulling air through the condenser when not moving, your A/C won't work very well.

Check to make sure your electric fan is working. If it's not pulling air through the condenser when not moving, your A/C won't work very well.
Agree 100%. The condenser requires air flow across it to do any heat exchange worth talking about. It's part of how an air conditioner system works. I can hear my electric fan running until I get up to some speed then I hear it slow down or shut off. Usually when I pull into my garage, I can hear it running if it is on because it's nice and quiet in my garage. It's very obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back