5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rear Wheel Well Liners

HookerPilot18

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, I searched for one and couldn't find it if it exists. Does anyone know if the 2019 rear wheel well liners fit the 20's? According to the Mopar online store they do not. I just wanted to see if anyone had bought them and had success. If so, what is the part number? Thanks everyone!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can’t see why they wouldn’t fit as long as it’s for the new style and not the classic

Silver Black

Reaction score
If so, what is the part number? Thanks everyone!

I bought a 2020 a few weeks ago and they threw in the rear inner wheel liners. Then the salesman said they weren't able to identify the part number so I think there is some genuine confusion about this question.

I am picking mine up tomorrow for a 2020. I will let you know what happens this weekend (fit or not).

Are you installing 2019 wells or 2020? If the 2019s work please let us know. TIA.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Are you installing 2019 wells or 2020? If the 2019s work please let us know. TIA.

installed them this weekend and they fit fine...2019 fits the 2020. Bought them from the local parts dealer. So many places online wanted close to $200 for shipping. Be careful of the plastic retainers on the back trim. Broke mine on both sides so had to order new ones. You will also need two extra screws (same used for basically the entire liner). Took me about 35 mins for both sides. Super easy and worth it.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just curious why? My 2020 has full wheel liners already. Do the base models not have them?

STR

Reaction score
I believe that they’re included on the Longhorn and Limited. It’s a $195 option on all other models, which is ridiculous. One of the worse cost saving strategies that I’ve ever seen. I know that Chevy does it too. Not sure about Ford...

Listed here for my Rebel:
F5644FD5-1E3A-4A22-A60D-51AFA3D5C513.png

Last edited:

Silver Black

Reaction score
Thanks for linking the parts SKU. I'll forward those to the salesman.
installed them this weekend and they fit fine...2019 fits the 2020.
Nice job and appreciate you letting us know. The backend looks unfinished without the liners. Had heard about the two extra screws from watching a couple YT install vids. I'll be careful with the retainers.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I'm just curious why? My 2020 has full wheel liners already. Do the base models not have them?
It is an option on the Laramie but it was easy to just add myself. The truck I was looking for was hard to find and did not care about the liner not being there. I agree that it’s stupid when you pay for a vehicle in this price range that it’s not “finished”. Here are mine installed.
0F596E34-92FC-4C29-A0DB-ACEFD321030C.jpeg B26A47F0-3925-444B-B9EB-BFFB13378BE9.jpeg

Zeeya

Reaction score
I believe that they’re included on the Longhorn and Limited. It’s a $195 option on all other models, which is ridiculous. One of the worse cost saving strategies that I’ve ever seen. I know that Chevy does it too. Not sure about Ford...
2017 King Ranch didn’t have them. Put on after purchase.

View attachment 55706

RJS

Reaction score
Thanks for linking the parts SKU. I'll forward those to the salesman.

Nice job and appreciate you letting us know. The backend looks unfinished without the liners. Had heard about the two extra screws from watching a couple YT install vids. I'll be careful with the retainers.
The best way to remove the plastic pieces behind the rear wheels is to use a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the retainer clips and let the slide out with the part. Pulling sideways or down to remove the part off the clip will usually break them. FYI.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
The best way to remove the plastic pieces behind the rear wheels is to use a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the retainer clips and let the slide out with the part. Pulling sideways or down to remove the part off the clip will usually break them. FYI.
Great advice...that is what happened to me. When you watch the vid on YouTube, it looks they will just pop off the clips. Nope...all of mine broke. Lol. All good though.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 55706
I’ve saw some higher trim Fords without rear wheel well liners I’m sure

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
I bought a 2020 a few weeks ago and they threw in the rear inner wheel liners. Then the salesman said they weren't able to identify the part number so I think there is some genuine confusion about this question.

My laramie didn't have them either...stupid. But, my salesman found the part in minutes on his computer and added them to my sales sheet. They aren't in yet, and it's been 2 weeks so there is that...

Silver Black

Reaction score
Installed my wheelhouse liners today and it turns out my 2020/BH/5'7" did not have either screws or retainer clips in the top three holes.

I was able to hork the extra retainer clips from the original forward facing liners but I ended up a total of 10 screws short - the two per side to attach the liners to the inside of the bed and the missing top three on each side.

As a temporary fix I've got wood screws with washers installed. lol. Hopefully nobody will notice my sub-Saharan engineering before the new screws arrive.

Last edited:

RJS

Reaction score
Installed my wheelhouse liners today and it turns out my 2020/BH/5'7" did not have either screws or retainer clips in the top three holes.

I was able to hork the extra retainer clips from the original forward facing liners but I ended up a total of 10 screws short - the two per side to attach the liners to the inside of the bed and the missing top three on each side.

As a temporary fix I've got wood screws with washers installed. lol. Hopefully nobody will notice my sub-Saharan engineering before the new screws arrive.
Just curious, does your BH have fender flares like my Laramie? I had to pull clips and only needed one screw. Just asking for future reference.

JustMe

Reaction score
I can’t believe that these aren’t included, and that they’re a $195 option :oops:
Nickels & Dimes . . . my how they all add up to Big $$$'s ! Especially at the dealerships if you add them later (labor).

Reactions: STR

Users who are viewing this thread