5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Won't Start

007harley

Reaction score
Tried to start my 2020 Ram 1500 yesterday and nothing. It wouldn't crank, no instrument lights, the key fbo not working, etc. The icon on the instrument panel "press brake and push to start" lights up but nothing else. The battery is fine (jump starting didn't work). Interior lights and headlights work. I've checked all the fuses and they are fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Tried to start my 2020 Ram 1500 yesterday and nothing. It wouldn't crank, no instrument lights, the key fbo not working, etc. The icon on the instrument panel "press brake and push to start" lights up but nothing else. The battery is fine (jump starting didn't work). Interior lights and headlights work. I've checked all the fuses and they are fine. Has anyone else had this problem?
how do you know battery is fine?

GFM

Reaction score
Had the same problem 2 months back. First the dealer said it was the push button start, it was fixed after changing the RF Hub. Luckily I had the extended warranty.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my Rice Krispies just now. I distinctly heard snap, crackle, f**k him! Then complete silence. Lucky I had a box of Lucky Charms and all was well.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Glad it got worked out. Nothing more annoying. I'm battling water between ny passenger door Sill and in floor storage bin. Right on that little strip of carpet. I get a good 8 oz of water after a heavy rain. My hub seems to be nice and dry though so I'm not sure where it's coming in.

Still trying to find it.

007harley

Reaction score
Had the same problem 2 months back. First the dealer said it was the push button start, it was fixed after changing the RF Hub. Luckily I had the extended warranty.

Thanks for your reply:
I had the extended warranty but found out I didn't need to use it. When the dealer called me and said there was a leak around the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) that eroded the RF Hub, I did some research and found this letter:
This letter is to inform you that the warranty period on your vehicle’s Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) has been extended to 10 years/ 150,000 miles. This warranty extension on the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) applies to select 2019 - 2021 RAM 1500 Pickup vehicles. Our records show that you either own or lease one of the vehicles affected by this warranty extension. We are extending the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) warranty period because some of
the affected vehicles within the above referenced population may experience water on the headliner, water at the back of the cab or a leak from the third brake/cargo light/CHMSL. If you are experiencing any of these conditions now, or if you experience them in the future, simply contact your dealer to have the appropriate repair performed. If you have already experienced this condition and previously paid for a repair, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. Visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit an online reimbursement request. You may also complete the enclosed Customer Reimbursement Claim Form and send your original receipts, invoices and/or repair order to the following address for reimbursement. Your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

Attachments

• Recall.pdf
    81.4 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread