5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Wont Start. HELP

Thepriince69

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2020 Ram 1500. I was overseas for the last 2 months and the wife last parked it a month ago. Went to start it this morning and it was dead. I hooked up my Jeep Trackhawk to it to boost it (my neighbors were not happy at 7am lol) and everything seemed fine. Pressed the brake, hit start and POOF! The speakers made a weird popping sound and I lost all power. My key fob does not work anymore, power locks, lights and running board do. It doesn't go into accessory mode or RUN anymore. Just says press brake and push button to start and nothing happens. Radio/Multimedia system does not turn on. Bought a new battery, NADA. Half the fuse box does not have power and key fob stopped working (its not dead) Please help meee!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2020 Ram 1500. I was overseas for the last 2 months and the wife last parked it a month ago. Went to start it this morning and it was dead. I hooked up my Jeep Trackhawk to it to boost it (my neighbors were not happy at 7am lol) and everything seemed fine. Pressed the brake, hit start and POOF! The speakers made a weird popping sound and I lost all power. My key fob does not work anymore, power locks, lights and running board do. It doesn't go into accessory mode or RUN anymore. Just says press brake and push button to start and nothing happens. Radio/Multimedia system does not turn on. Bought a new battery, NADA. Half the fuse box does not have power and key fob stopped working (its not dead) Please help meee!
replace the battery or take it back where you got it and have them charge it fully

Last edited:

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like the new battery you got isn’t charged fully . Did you try to jump it again after you put the new battery in ?

AartWessels

Reaction score
I had this last Friday , when my battery was empty after being parked for a day at the office. The assistance guy coming to help me had done a ‘reset’ to make it start again. At first instance, everything worked again after using the booster starter, except for acc/ignition. After the reset everything worked.
worst part of my message: don’t know what he did to reset.

Users who are viewing this thread