5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Uconnect Bugs?

KellyM

Reaction score
Bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with 12" screen. Best vehicle I've ever owned, tied with my Current 392 Charger:)

The 12" console seems to be buggy. Two noticeable things, 1) Sometimes when I am streaming music over 4G, it will start a song, then say "Something went wrong..." then restart the song, then stop with "Something went wrong" and repeat all the way home. But then an hour later when I jump back in the truck, it's fine.

Then this morning, my XM wouldn't load at all, my radio wouldn't play any audio, nor my cell phone calls, just no audio. So when I turn my volume up, it shows the volume at "5" but is stuck there, so basically I had no audio or any radio and the XM screen was blank. Thinking for sure I would need service, I went out to the truck to use the assist and everything was working again. So I'm getting random bugs like that and simply restarting the truck doesn't fix it. You have to wait for the entire thing to completely shut down and then wait. This happens on average, maybe once or twice a week.

I'm sure I could drop off at dealer, and after a day, they could tell me they couldn't duplicate the problem, so is there anything I can do on my end to ensure there isn't a bug fix I could do on my own?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine runs fine. I only get the "Something went wrong..." with weak cell coverage.

What is your s/w version? You could just ask the dealer ro reflash it.

KellyM

Reaction score
Mine runs fine. I only get the "Something went wrong..." with weak cell coverage.

What is your s/w version? You could just ask the dealer ro reflash it.
Flah Loader 1.1.0.0
SDAR 11-46-01
Radio Part 20.04.19
Modem 07.03.03

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flah Loader 1.1.0.0
SDAR 11-46-01
Radio Part 20.04.19
Modem 07.03.03
Hold down the the outermost button on the left and right end of the screen and the screen below should appear. The Software version should be at least what mine is as I think that is the latest. ver 20.04.19

IMG_20201029_094637914 (1).jpg

KellyM

Reaction score
Hold down the the outermost button on the left and right end of the screen and the screen below should appear. The Software version should be at least what mine is as I think that is the latest. ver 20.04.19

View attachment 76189
Yep, that's what I did and the version I have is the same as yours. But I just realized as I'm looking at this, I need to double check the application version. Thanks!!!

KellyM

Reaction score
So update here... the XMGuardian Pandora streaming just stopped working for the last two days. Incidentally we had a snow storm for the last two days.

It would load the song, then as soon as the song started, it would lose connection.

Here I made a YouTube video:

And lo and behold, today it works fine so I have to cancel my dealer appointment because they'll just tell me no trouble found. How do I get this to the right people?

Thanks!

KellyM

Reaction score
Is there at least a tech line I can call who can work with me? I'm an electronic technician so I can work with someone, I just don't know where everything is...

Users who are viewing this thread