5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 RAM Truck Vehicle Search

Ages

Reaction score
I've tried searching via the RAM Truck website for the 2020 RAM 1500 that I would like. I want the Olive Green Pearl in 4x4, Ecodiesel, Deluxe, light brown interior etc... Can't find it within the 150 mile radius the website limits you to. I've even changed the zip code multiple times to search multiple states in my region of the Country. I've spent hours trying to locate the vehicle, no luck. I've been to three local dealerships whom have all told me that they are unable to locate the vehicle. When I ask them to order the vehicle I'm told I won't get the vehicle until October. So I call the RAM (866) 726-4626 and try to get help there. I'm told that dealerships are the only place where a National Search can be done. To make a long story short ... I asked the Customer Service person to relay to corporate that they should remove the 150 mile limit to do a search so customers can search nationally for the vehicle that they want, especially during this trying time where the factory has been shut down and we are all still dealing with the Corona Virus debacle. Hopefully that will actually get to RAM Corporate and they will remove the 125 mile search limit and enable customers to do a National Search. Does anyone know of any other way to do a nationwide search for the 2020 RAM 1500 that I want? Or does anyone know how I could order the vehicle and get it sooner than October?

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Go to a dealer and have them quote exactly what u want with a final, on-the-road price. Then shop it to other dealerships. Ur prob locked in to the October date as it's a special order.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've tried searching via the RAM Truck website for the 2020 RAM 1500 that I would like. I want the Olive Green Pearl in 4x4, Ecodiesel, Deluxe, light brown interior etc...
Olive Green is a relatively new and rare color. I'm not surprised you're having trouble finding one. I'm thinking your best bet would be to order what you want, even if it takes longer than normal. Either that or you'll proably have to compromise on the features you want. BTW...what exactly is Deluxe? That's not an ordering option.

Ages

Reaction score
Olive Green is a relatively new and rare color. I'm not surprised you're having trouble finding one. I'm thinking your best bet would be to order what you want, even if it takes longer than normal. Either that or you'll proably have to compromise on the features you want. BTW...what exactly is Deluxe? That's not an ordering option.
Deluxe refers to the cloth interior, in my case Light Mountain Brown.
1591196978185.png
I'd be ordering a Longhorn if I could get it in Olive Green Pearl but unfortunately for some reason RAM has chosen not to produce the Longhorn in that color.

U

User_3336

What is the difference between an "out the door" and "on the road" price?

Stevenc150

Reaction score
What is the difference between an "out the door" and "on the road" price?
I think it's the same thing...like pop or soda. Around here OTR means final, all-inclusive pricing. I'm betting OTD is the same thing, just different regions

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Deluxe refers to the cloth interior, in my case Light Mountain Brown.

I'd be ordering a Longhorn if I could get it in Olive Green Pearl but unfortunately for some reason RAM has chosen not to produce the Longhorn in that color.
That makes more sense now, deluxe cloth seats. Sorry, I wasn't shopping below a Laramie so I wasn't familiar with the cloth seat options.

Have you checked with your dealer about special ordering a Longhorn in olive green pearl? I know there are some custom colors available by ordering that aren't normally sitting on dealership lots. Only thing about that is they won't start producing it until they have a certain number of trucks ordered in that color. Might be better than setting on something that doesn't quite tick all the boxes for you.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
just use Google. Key words 2020 ram, olive, etc. Good luck. Olive is not common yet. I found a good number across the country but none that had exactly the options i wanted.

Ages

Reaction score
That makes more sense now, deluxe cloth seats. Sorry, I wasn't shopping below a Laramie so I wasn't familiar with the cloth seat options.

Have you checked with your dealer about special ordering a Longhorn in olive green pearl? I know there are some custom colors available by ordering that aren't normally sitting on dealership lots. Only thing about that is they won't start producing it until they have a certain number of trucks ordered in that color. Might be better than setting on something that doesn't quite tick all the boxes for you.
If I am understanding you correctly I may still be able to order a Longhorn in Olive Green Pearl even though the RAM Truck website doesn't allow me to build one in that color, correct? I didn't know that was possible. I'll inquire, I sure hope that I can.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
If I am understanding you correctly I may still be able to order a Longhorn in Olive Green Pearl even though the RAM Truck website doesn't allow me to build one in that color, correct? I didn't know that was possible. I'll inquire, I sure hope that I can.
Check because it cant hurt to ask...but they wont. U cant order anything that cant be configured on their website

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Proof? Lets see a build sheet/quote with an olive green limited
What's with the hostility? I was talking about the possibility of it. I never said you can order an olive green limited. What I said was that when ordering a truck, it may be possible to get colors which are not listed on the website, and it's worth asking the dealer if they could get olive green on a Limited. I know for a fact that this was possible with 4th gens (other colors like robin's egg blue, not specifically olive green), and to be honest, am only making the assumption it's been continued for 5th gens. I could be totally wrong about that. But either way, what's the harm in his asking?

It was my dealership that told me when placing an order from them I wouldn't be limited to what's available on ramtrucks.com. The build tool they use is different than what we see on the website. I didn't order my 5th gen, but I did build one out at the time.

Last edited:

Tarheel1984

Reaction score
in addition to radius restriction, I am seeing that my choice of custom builds is limited by my zip code! when I use California zip code there are more choices. When using NC zip code, less. Is this a fluke or anyone have experience with this?

Users who are viewing this thread