5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 RAM SRT headers swap

mopar2ltr

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Performance Exhaust Manifolds

Part Number: 77072462

I realize these will not be a major performance upgrade but may increase exhaust flow while using all factory parts does anyone have these on their truck ?

Joshohol

Reaction score
That's funny as it only says it's for jeep srt when you Google that number. 5.7 hemi jeep guys were asking on summit if they'd fit and they said no.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar says they fit the 5.7 and 6.4 crate motors so I dont see why they wouldnt fit, that being said without seeing the factory manifolds on this truck next to themI doubt they would make much of a difference. Be better off with long tubes if you are looking for more power.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting find!! I’m curious about this. Wouldn’t be huge, definitely much better design then the factory logs. Still have all factory emissions after that. With no loss of warranty also being a factory part too.
my concern is that 4th/5th gens rams are actually 2 diff factory manifold sets. So this would have to be spec to DT.
The manifolds will bolt up to the engines, do they actually bolt up to factory Y pipe is the main question. That’s a good amount of work to not fit in the end lol

osage91

Reaction score
Has anyone ended up trying the srt jeep manifolds on a 5th gen ram?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
As for keeping warranty, you can bet if the studs break like these motors are known for... they’ll blame the headers for it.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has used the Mopar genuine performance manifolds to replace the stock 5.7 manifolds. I have a little over 60,000 miles and my passenger side has cracked (not surprised). I have the lifetime warranty, but the dealer says the parts are on back order. It has been over a month and I am getting frustrated. I want something that will last more than 60,000 miles, but don't want to lose my extended warranty. Has anyone installed these, and do they bolt up to the factory exhaust?

Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has used the Mopar genuine performance manifolds to replace the stock 5.7 manifolds. I have a little over 60,000 miles and my passenger side has cracked (not surprised). I have the lifetime warranty, but the dealer says the parts are on back order. It has been over a month and I am getting frustrated. I want something that will last more than 60,000 miles, but don't want to lose my extended warranty. Has anyone installed these, and do they bolt up to the factory exhaust?

Thanks
They say they are 6.4l Jeep manifolds. They probably won't fit without having to redo the downpipes.from exhaust, if they would even clear.

Chan_man808

Reaction score
So I actually used these on my Jeep 5.7, I needed to use 6.4 mid pipes and weld transitions to the stock exhaust. Imo not worth it! So doing this to the truck idk I guess you could use the 6.4 mid pipes and cats from the 2500. But honestly just get shorties or go long tubes.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Only problem for him going with aftermarket headers, is it will void his extended warranty.

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Only problem for him going with aftermarket headers, is it will void his extended warranty.
Well I’m looking at your signature and it appears neither of us care about warranties 😂 I got a cam kit waiting in the wings and my truck hasn’t even cracked 800 miles.
My guess is the 6.4 manifolds wouldn’t be warrantied on a truck that it was not designed to be on, just my 2 cents.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Yeah, my warranty is over now. :LOL: But I have 64,000 miles on my truck so not too concerned about it.

Users who are viewing this thread