5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 RAM Rebel with black appearance package

Eli Square

Reaction score
Probably not a popular opinion, but I think my black Rebel has to much black, even stock. From the side, particularly when it's got just a bit of dust, it becomes a wall of black. Definitely feels like it's missing something now that I've had it a few weeks. The two tone Rebels have no such issue and look better in this regard to me.

I'm thinking of adding a character line, like the chrome ones the Limited's have. Maybe a flat black or brushed metal look (to match the skid plate and front letters)? No idea where to find it though.
Red badges will do the trick. I saw a black one with red badges and it really popped

bigbear503

Reaction score
Agreed. The color of the skid plate was about the only design choice on the new Rebel I didn't like. Question is, will FCA sell the black plate separately...
why don't you just paint it yourself. save some money

ryco25

Reaction score

Damn. The lack of the package made my truck more unique around town but yup these will be all over now haha. Powder coating my wheels cost the same as the whole package too...bummer. As long as the rental fleet of Rebels don't start coming with the blackout package....

Eli Square

Reaction score
Probably not a popular opinion, but I think my black Rebel has to much black, even stock. From the side, particularly when it's got just a bit of dust, it becomes a wall of black. Definitely feels like it's missing something now that I've had it a few weeks. The two tone Rebels have no such issue and look better in this regard to me.

I'm thinking of adding a character line, like the chrome ones the Limited's have. Maybe a flat black or brushed metal look (to match the skid plate and front letters)? No idea where to find it though.
Red badges would do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread