5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Rebel continues to die at idle and or driving?

Luisrebel

Reaction score
Hell o everybody I’m new on here , I really need to figure out what is happening to my truck , because the dealership obviously can’t figure it out or they don’t want to ? Have spent quite a considerable amount of money in the last 2 months and keep getting my truck back with same issues not getting fixed , truck has stopped while driving shut itself off , also at idle just sitting there , lights that come the cluster always , service stability control , service trailer brakes , reverse braking not functioning, engine light on . So you out in park and sometimes lights go off right away or take a day or few hours and. Are gone . You hook up scanner even at dealer and shows nothing ?? Things they say needed to changed due to fraying wires / complete wire harness , battery , alternator all quite very expensive and for what NOTHING !!!!! Just picked up yesterday again from dealer and still have problems?? Would anyone on here gone through the same thing ?? And an actual solution been found??

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hell o everybody I’m new on here , I really need to figure out what is happening to my truck , because the dealership obviously can’t figure it out or they don’t want to ? Have spent quite a considerable amount of money in the last 2 months and keep getting my truck back with same issues not getting fixed , truck has stopped while driving shut itself off , also at idle just sitting there , lights that come the cluster always , service stability control , service trailer brakes , reverse braking not functioning, engine light on . So you out in park and sometimes lights go off right away or take a day or few hours and. Are gone . You hook up scanner even at dealer and shows nothing ?? Things they say needed to changed due to fraying wires / complete wire harness , battery , alternator all quite very expensive and for what NOTHING !!!!! Just picked up yesterday again from dealer and still have problems?? Would anyone on here gone through the same thing ?? And an actual solution been found??
So no codes at all?!? And is your truck an etorque?

Luisrebel

Reaction score
So no codes at all?!? And is your truck an etorque?
No codes very puzzling? Just happed now again while driving now service electronic stability control is on again in messages and service trailer brake on messages as well ,

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Need more info please. Give a full description of truck, year, motor, etorque or not, mileage.

jkm312

Reaction score
Intermittent troubles like you describe are a nightmare. I know I had a truck like that. Turns out it was a bad ground on the frame from the fuse box mounted on the driver's side wheel well. It had it's own ground. You might consider checking your grounding points. I have read a couple of threads where some of us have found loose connections on the leads going into and out of the fuse box. Good solid grounding is a must for these trucks as tech heavy as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread