5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Rebel 5.7 Etorque issue? Battery voltage drops when driving? Any ideas

SP Bundy

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals!

I have a 2020 Rebel with the 5.7 and Etorque that has been throwing codes every month or two. Yesterday the codes where PODE7 (Hybrid batt pack cell voltage high), POAA1 (Hybrid batt positive contactor circut stuck closed) , P1618 (refer to service manual). While driving to pick up the kiddo the battery indicator light came on with a ding. I scrolled to the battry voltage indicator screen and it said 11.8 volts, then 10 miles later 11.5 volts while turning red.
I pulled into one of our fire stations and got another vehicle to go get a new battery, thinking it was a bad battery. Put in new battery and same process happened on the way home. New battery is at 11.5 volts now and I am 100 miles from the closet dealer who cant get me in for two weeks? Ill figure out transportation until them but I also wondering if anyone else has had this issue or advice.

I read one thread identical to mine and it was the starter wire not seated. Ive checked all the wires and they look/feel connected. Any other things I can do over the next two weeks until I can get it to the dealer? Can I drive it if the battery dies completly while driving to the dealer or do I have to have it towed (that bill could really sting!). Thank you all for your time!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a flash for code P0AA1, attached tsb. If code P0DE7 returns after update, will need BPCM(battery pack control module) most likely.

Attachments

• light.pdf
    694.5 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread