5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Rebel 3" lift/level

robertk73

Reaction score
Hey. Have a question and need the experts to confirm before I pull the trigger. I bought a 2020 Ram Rebel a few months ago with 5.7 Hemi, no air suspension, 4x4. I measured 37 3/4 inch front with 41 1/4" rear for a horrendous 3.5" rake. It is awful.

I want to lift the front 3 to 4" but would be satisfied if it was just leveled. I was offered the 6112 front kit w/2" RC leveling kit. Setting the 6112 lift to 1" to net 3" total to accomodate the 3-3.5" UCAs. If I correct, wouldn't he need to set the 6112s to 2" because I lose the 1" from the rebel coils? Thanks, Robert

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
when lifting with parts shared with non-Rebel or non-ORG trucks, it's just easier to start fresh and take that 1" off.
for example, I have Fox 2.5 DSC 2-3" kit on my truck. I left it at Fox factory setting of 2" for maximum suspension performance and cycle, so I'm only 2" lifted (compared to non-Rebel) or 1" lifted (compared to Rebel)

also, you need to consider this: setting front 3" or more means reduced suspension travel, meaning stiffer ride, meaning bad ride quality. You ALSO DO NOT want to put spacer or pucks on top of that, because that WILL cause issues and further reduce your suspension travel, even with UCA, diff drop, and whatnot.

The correct way to do this, coming from an offroad tech, is to forget that 3 to 4". Get the 6112 if you want and set it to no more than 2.5", get proper UCA (not the 3" one) and be done with it assuming you're not touching the rear. Bigger lift (4"+)doesn't equal more clearance, and just additional labor and parts costs for no additional suspension performance. 1500s utilize IFS, and 3" is the absolute limit of IFS systems while I personally don't recommend going more than 2" for the sake of droop and shock cycle. If you're looking for massive lifts... sorry to break it to ya but you picked the wrong platform; should've went something with solid axles front and rear like 2500s.

Users who are viewing this thread