5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Rebel 1500 Folding mirrors stopped working

tom88ci

Reaction score
Hello Forum

I have a fairly new Ram 1500 that the folding mirrors have stopped working. I am still under warranty for 3000 more miles but can't get a dealer to touch it for weeks and they want it left on their lot. As best as I can find there is no fuse or relay for this option. There are two door modules and the switch (it's not the switch/$138 lesson) as far as I can find. The mirrors do not attempt move at all and the motors make no noise. They stopped working when I parked the truck and the right side folded in but left side did nothing. Neither side has worked since.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

nateonator

Reaction score
Have you tried turning the functionality off and back on in the Uconnect? I actually stopped using mine because they were too slow and I found the driver side mirror wouldn't return to the correct position over time.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

tom88ci

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. The mirrors don’t auto fold, so there is no option in the Uconnect that controls this function.

nateonator

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. The mirrors don’t auto fold, so there is no option in the Uconnect that controls this function.
There should be an option to control whether or not they fold while in reverse. Messing with that option probably won't fix your issue, but worth a try.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Forum

I have a fairly new Ram 1500 that the folding mirrors have stopped working. I am still under warranty for 3000 more miles but can't get a dealer to touch it for weeks and they want it left on their lot. As best as I can find there is no fuse or relay for this option. There are two door modules and the switch (it's not the switch/$138 lesson) as far as I can find. The mirrors do not attempt move at all and the motors make no noise. They stopped working when I parked the truck and the right side folded in but left side did nothing. Neither side has worked since.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.
Given that it was a slow regression (one stopped working, then the other), I suspect it’s a wiring issue. Possibly at a connector where wires for each mirror join together. Has there been any work done on your truck lately that might have affected a connector or wiring?

tom88ci

Reaction score
No work done to the truck other than oil changes and none were recent to the failure. Here are some other steps that I have take to resolve the issue:
Checked every single fuse in both boxes even though I knew they were not for the mirror
Disconnected the battery in hopes that a reboot would do something
Manually cycled the mirrors in both directions on both sides
Searched TSB's and forums- others have had the issue but none have posted a fix

Thanks for the reply

tom88ci

Reaction score
There should be an option to control whether or not they fold while in reverse. Messing with that option probably won't fix your issue, but worth a try.

There was, I did turn the tilt on but had no effect on the folding.

tom88ci

Reaction score
I have found the problem and the answer. DTC code B1F04-15 = Short to battery of the folding circuit.
Service Bulletin: 08-104-19 - Door module needs a firmware update.
Not sure I have access to that - researching.

Hope this helps someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread