5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 RAM Limited EcoDiesel - front driveshaft replacement on 4" BDS lift? Double Cardan options

CigarXO

Reaction score
I own a 2020 RAM Limited EcoDiesel 3.0. I lifted it with the BDS 4" AirRide suspension kit on 35s. Love it! I recognized the front driveshaft stress and CV weaknesses, but my truck made it exactly 30k miles before the CV gave out. I searched the forum and found one alternative by Driveshaft Pro out of CA. QQ:
1. Any other aftermarket suggestions?
2. Is the front shaft of the Limited EcoDiesel, Rebel, base 4WD all similar so fitment is probably not an issue?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Front driveshaft OEM.jpg
    Front driveshaft OEM.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 13

CigarXO

Reaction score
The solution I decided on for aftermarket front driveshaft replacement was the DriveshaftPro.com 3194-3062CV for $451 and installed by a local speed shop for $150 totaling less than OEM part alone and I think it has solved the 70mph resonance I experienced and the double cardan certainly improves the drive angles. My OEM lasted exactly 30k.

Attachments

• DriveshaftPro Replacement.jpg
    DriveshaftPro Replacement.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread