5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Limited 12" screen will not turn off

LILRAM

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram limited 12" u connect screen will not turn off. I tried the knob on the dash as well as turning off the truck and opening the door, anyone know what to do to keep the battery from running down? Pull the fuse?

sep1006

Reaction score
Do the reboot for the black screen fix in the video below, holding the 2 buttons down.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the reboot for the black screen fix in the video below, holding the 2 buttons down.

This is not applicable to the 12" systems. I don't know of any simple reset like that and I've tried all of the 6.4" ones on my 12 with no results.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
OP did you try:
  1. With visibility to the sky, disconnect the neg battery terminal for 30 minutes and LEAVE THE TRUCK ALONE
  2. Reconnect the neg battery terminal after the 30 minutes and wait a full hour. Again LEAVE THE TRUCK ALONE
  3. Try your luck. This vehicle wide system reset can fix a multitude of problems. Have you ever had to reboot your phone, watch, computer etc? 'Nuff said.

sep1006

Reaction score
Must be a change in the '21 model. I'll go try again but when I needed a reset nothing worked and I had to disconnect the battery.

Well I hope you get it fixed one way or another. Very frustrating to have these issues with relatively new trucks.

Good Luck!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/