5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram leaking already

T-dizzle

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Tam 1500 with the 5.7 and was curious if anyone has had any issues with fluid leaking. Not quite sure what the fluid is but it is clear but it stains the driveway. Wouldn’t this be covered under the drivetrain warranty?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If it's clear liquid coming from a vehicle it's likely water. Are you sure it isn't from the A/C condenser which drops water just behind and to the right of the engine? It may appear to be staining due to dirt on your driveway mixing with the water and drying. Try to rinse your driveway with a water hose, if it disappears then it was just water from your A/C condenser, which is normal.

In case it's not, the drivetrain warranty is 5 years / 60,000 miles.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only other clear liquid I can think of is brake fluid and some power steering fluids. (My truck is sitting a few blocks from my purchasing dealer...I am just a day or two away from having it. ;) )

Look at your fluid reservoirs. Mark them. (Use a pencil so you can erase it later, or a piece of tape.)

Most likely air conditioning condensation like @SD Rebel said.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The are weep holes in the exhaust that will also leave a puddle of water, but if it's leaving a stain on the driveway it sounds petroleum based

ShadowHawk

Reaction score
The are weep holes in the exhaust that will also leave a puddle of water, but if it's leaving a stain on the driveway it sounds petroleum based
That was going to be my guess as well. There can be different minerals/deposits from the A/C drain and weep holes since I do notice marks on my garage from both.

Users who are viewing this thread