5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Laramie Sport Had Surgery Yesterday-54,000 miles/5.7 Hemi

Anchor Down

Reaction score
History: 3 months ago, I noticed a very loud noise at start up. I couldn't trace it down but with the help of this group and videos, I determined it was a broken manifold. Second, a horrible screeching sound at the serpentine belt area/motor generator unit (Etorq) (see video) I had an extended warranty but they declined to pay and told my dealer, all this is covered under the 80,000/8 year emissions warranty. Well I be damned, it saved $15K-17K. So if you hear this sound, think broken manifold, and if you hear the screatching at the serpentine belt area, get your truck checked. Some studs out there could fix all this themselves but I dare to tread there.

Diagnosis: Replaced both manifolds/bolts. replaced the Motor Generator Unit (MGU) Hybrid, replaced control processor, replaced alternator, PCM updated.

I know the 2019s are under recall for this. I did hear a rumor in the dealership that Mopar is considering recalling the 2020s. I've never posted a video here so take it easy on the Beaver if it doesn't play Wally.

Users who are viewing this thread