5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Laramie - Issues with Voice Recognition

c_m_25

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is my first post here. Just traded in my 2011 ram for a new laramie the other day. It's a sweet upgrade!

Anyway, when I was driving home, I noticed that the unconnect voice recognition was working well. I could say: "find a poi" and it would understand the prompt. Things seemed to change after I paired my iphone 8 yesterday. Today, when I would ask: "call Bob," it would respond: "call emergency?" It did that over and over. It also couldn't recognize what I was saying when I would say: "find a poi." It would, however, recognize when I said: "dial 555-555-5555." It would dial the number and even recoginze the contact name from the phone.

What gives? My phone is connected via bluetooth. I never had a problem with those prompts in my old laramie. Any idea what's going on? Is this an apple car play issue where I need to have my phone connected to the truck via a cable? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread