5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram doors rattle when closing

plummaw50

Reaction score
2020 Ram doors rattle when closing. Did not have this problem with the 3 previous other Rams that I had.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Front door or rear door? Could be the cab vents flapping from the pressure difference when closing the door

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure there's much we can do to help since that's not a common complaint. Pretty much a guess is all we can probably give you. Maybe take it in and have the dealer take a look, if you trust them to work on it that is.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The cab vent flaps are rubber. How does rubber rattle? I'm not saying those aren't the cause, but I don't hear anything when I shut the doors except for the actual sound of the doors closing. No rattle/rubber flap noises. Are you saying yours rattle too?

fsjosh

Reaction score
My rear driver's side door definitely has a different sound when closing. I guess you could call it a rattle. To me it has a hollow metal sound to it, and even that isn't a real accurate description. It's almost like there's a piece of metal that it thin and large sized that should be supported in the middle but isn't. So when you close the door the center of the piece vibrates for a second. It's not anything I'm going to run to the dealer for, but I'll say something at my next oil change if I think about it to see if they'll check it out.

Simplman

Reaction score
My rear drivers side door has the same rattle. Whatever... it’s a truck. Nothing I did to cause it, and every one of our vehicles is gonna earn some creaks and rattles with miles we put on them.

Users who are viewing this thread