5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram 2500 limited

Reaction score
Purchased new truck 12/2/20 , on the day of delivery after signed papers the passenger side step sometimes would deploy , or partially deploy or not retract.
I had the truck detailed thinking maybe something like dirt ,grease or mud could be stuck there . Nothing was there so I took upon my self to spray some wd-40 which worked for a while.
Around 12/18/20 i got feed up and took it to the dealer and after having the truck for 5-6 hours they claimed that there was no error code, unable to duplicate the problem.
The funny thing was that the service adviser walked with me back to the truck and as we were standing there I was able to duplicate the issue in front of him.
He said if you want leave the truck for a day or two we could try to see if we can find out what could be the problem.
Well the truck will be going back to the dealer now 2/10/21 the side step situation is worse than ever, it grinds when it is operated , my wife almost fell from the truck , when opened the door the side step deployed and when it was half way open it goes back to the closed position.
This is very disappointing specially when you spent over $70k on a vehicle.
I will let you guys know what happens after the service, hopefully I get a customer service that actually cares .

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Sorry to hear about your side step , there’s been others with that problem but the dealer corrected it . Hope they get it figured out for you quickly .

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your issues...hopefully they get things figured out on this trip!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Sorry to hear about your side step , there’s been others with that problem but the dealer corrected it . Hope they get it figured out for you quickly .
I hope so , just dropped off the truck at the dealer , I let you know what the outcome is.

Users who are viewing this thread