5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Problems

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I keep seeing all these threads about problems however no one ever says anything when the truck is great. Well, not a one problem.
No issues with uconnect
No issues with etorque
No rear window issue
No refueling issue
No tire/driveline vibration issue
No Transmission issues
No Leaks
No noises
No fuel economy issues, 18 mpg mixed driving in North Dallas (80/20 city/highway) for the last 48K miles
Looks awesome, drives even better

The truck has been flawless and I couldn't be happier, 2020 1500 Limited with a September/October (I forgot) 2019 build date pre-covid truck.
All I've done is regreased the drive shaft and replaced the worn out tires

20221009_131259.jpg

20221009_131028.jpg

Long live the 5th Gen Ram 1500, King of Trucks

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t deny that your truck looks great!

vincentw56

Reaction score
Same here on my 2020 BH. I always shake my head at the people who post because one problem and say things like "not impressed with Ram so far". All makes and models can have problems. Some of us get a good one, but there is always a few.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I keep seeing all these threads about problems however no one ever says anything when the truck is great. Well, not a one problem.
No issues with uconnect
No issues with etorque
No rear window issue
No refueling issue
No Transmission issues
No Leaks
No noises
No fuel economy issues, 18 mpg mixed driving in North Dallas (80/20 city/highway) for the last 48K miles

The truck has been flawless and I couldn't be happier, 2020 1500 Limited with a September/October (I forgot) 2019 build date pre-covid truck.

View attachment 141443

View attachment 141445

most people come to forums to look for answers to issues

I also have not had any issues

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with uconnect
No issues with etorque
No rear window issue
No refueling issue
No Transmission issues
No Leaks
No noises

View attachment 141443

View attachment 141445

Lucky you, I hope it stays that way, but if it were me, I trade it quick as it’s only a matter of time😩

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, no way I keep something I was as unhappy with is some of these people say they are
I more unhappy with all the unresolved issues that are still around from the early 19 builds. That’s the part that doesn’t sit well with me😩. Many of us have had these issues, its great if you haven’t, but stinks when you have! From what I’ve read and people I’ve talked to, all manufacturers are having issues, not just ram!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
This is a forum, it's where people come to complain and search for answers (among other things), it's natural you are going to see more problems here than likely what the majority of owners actually experience.

It's not to downplay those issues that exist, but just to keep in mind it's not likely as widespread an issue as we tend to think. Check any forum for any vehicle, not just Silverados and F150s, you will find plenty of people complaining as well.

And just to add to this a bit, this is my first RAM truck, it's a 2019, and it's been flawless in my 3 years of ownership. I've owned many new vehicles, including some renown for quality and reliability and premium makes. Without a doubt, my RAM is the most trouble free vehicle I'v owned in the first 3-4 years of ownership, so far.

BowDown

Reaction score
Lucky you, I hope it stays that way, but if it were me, I trade it quick as it’s only a matter of time😩

Nope, my last Ram went 277k miles before any major issue, an intake valve spring.
I've seen your posts and I empathize with you but millions of these trucks have been sold with few issues. I'd say many of the issues you and others face are covid supply/labor related.
I 100% believe that there's something to my covid truck theory and why I specifically sought out a truck that was built prior to April 2020 when I was shopping in early 2020.

Search Ford Maverick, superduty or bronco and look at the numerous build quality issues. I saw a post yesterday of a brand new maverick in the shop for a handling issue, the control arm bolt half way out

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, my last Ram went 277k miles before any major issue, an intake valve spring.
I've seen your posts and I empathize with you but millions of these trucks have been sold with few issues. I'd say many of the issues you and others face are covid supply/labor related.
I 100% believe that there's something to my covid truck theory and why I specifically sought out a truck that was built prior to April 2020 when I was shopping in early 2020.

Search Ford Maverick, superduty or bronco and look at the numerous build quality issues. I saw a post yesterday of a brand new maverick in the shop for a handling issue, the control arm bolt half way out
I can agree with you, but my 19 ram was built in March of 19, before Covid. However I know you can have bad parts anytime! I think ram did a great job at the redesign, but just pushed them out to fast without proper quality control! IMO👍🏻

HemiDude

Reaction score
I'll join! Half a year into my '22, I am very pleased with this Ram. It has been everything a $xx,ooo (insert your own value here ;) ) truck should be. Even with the couple of issues the '20 that I traded in for this one had, it was a great truck. If I bought a vehicle that I felt was junk, I could see myself posting one rant, and then selling it! In this post-covid manufacturing desert, there is always a dealer who will buy a used truck, and many don't even inspect them before buying - they don't want to know, they just need the truck.

Cheers, Ram 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread