5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 No start, new battery, starter, and ign switch

BKR Enterprises

Reaction score
UPDATED: Replaced starter 5 months ago, and battery 7 months ago. Ran fine till I used the 12v power socket over night. Started draining battery bad. Now not starting. I get no crank, no click, nothing at all. Replaced the battery, starter, and ign switch. Still nothing. Can anyone find the sequence the truck uses to approve ignition? Like what circuits are involved to go piece by piece. I have located the starter wire to the fuse block, a jump wire confirmed starter is not bad. I would like to find a schematic of what the truck "checks" before allowing the cranking over process to begin.

97k miles
4x4
Bighorn/longhorn
5.7l hemi

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...you replaced the starter, battery, AND ignition switch without knowing what the problem is yet? not trying to make you feel bad, but don't do that again. Need to have it towed to a reputable auto repair shop, who can properly diagnose the problem. Could be as simple as a ground issue, or a broken wire, etc. Good luck sir.

BKR Enterprises

Reaction score
...you replaced the starter, battery, AND ignition switch without knowing what the problem is yet? not trying to make you feel bad, but don't do that again. Need to have it towed to a reputable auto repair shop, who can properly diagnose the problem. Could be as simple as a ground issue, or a broken wire, etc. Good luck sir.
Yes, because I had already purchased them in past and were under warranty. If you have nothing to add to the situation please standby so others can. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread