5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 multifunctional tailgate.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Forward/backward should be simple adjustment of the strike or hard stop of the shorter gate that's closed first?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I see the excellent QC is still taken very seriously at fca…..
I ordered a 2014 Dodge Durango R/T, MSRP of $54,800 and when it came in and I was taking delivery of it, I went to close the hatch with the button and it hit the tail light on the left side and broke it. Right there with the sales guy. I said "wow, the QC guys at the factory or your mechanic that did the PM didn't notice how bad this was mis aligned?" They took a light off another brand new Durango and aligned the hatch. Never had a problem with the truck after that.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I saw the same thing at my dealer yesterday. I closed the left-hand door with gusto, and it lined up just fine.

Try opening and shutting the left door, it may solve that issue.

-John

LouCap

Reaction score
The MFT on my 2019 lines up perfectly. It is possible to not close it fully, and a warning light will scream at you if that happens. Were you able to check in the cab and see if anything lit up?

Last edited:

bravo1

Reaction score
The gap looked adjustable.But this Rebel was fully loaded and I must say I can not wait to see the Rebel TRX.In this showroom they had a Gladiator fully Moparized,4 inch lift, running 37 inch tires and a 5.7L Hemi installed in it.It had just came in the night before and the owner was suppose to pick it up.What a truck just totally over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread