5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 Software issues?

johnhud

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)

skracus

Reaction score
Any news on this issue?
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)

Any news on this issue?

Tommylentz

Reaction score
Starting 3 days ago my headlights come on when I start the truck remotely or manually. Low beams and parking light and tail lights. I can turn on high beams but the headlight switch does nothing. I can’t turn on fog lights or bed light.

Users who are viewing this thread