5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie - metal clashing sound driving over road speed bump

AllenRam1500

Reaction score
Purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie on 11/19/2019 in Houston TX. After a few days' driving, I heard there is a metal-to-metal clashing sound coming from somewhere under the cabin, probably in the back of truck, when I drive at low speed on the road speed bump, or hit the brake at Stop sign/Traffic sign. Not sure if there is some part loose underneath. The sound is loud and can be heard from inside cabin even though I close all windows. Has anyone experienced the same problem? The truck is only 600 miles. Will take my truck to dealership next week to check.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie on 11/19/2019 in Houston TX. After a few days' driving, I heard there is a metal-to-metal clashing sound coming from somewhere under the cabin, probably in the back of truck, when I drive at low speed on the road speed bump, or hit the brake at Stop sign/Traffic sign. Not sure if there is some part loose underneath. The sound is loud and can be heard from inside cabin even though I close all windows. Has anyone experienced the same problem? The truck is only 600 miles. Will take my truck to dealership next week to check.

Hi AllenRam1500,

We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are in need of any extra support while addressing this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away and more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread