5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie. Key fobs not responding.

Ray2020Ram1500

Reaction score
Key fobs wouldn't respond, alarm went off when I used the key fob key to unlock the door. Since the truck was 4 years old I figured it was a battery issue. I replaced the truck battery and also the key fob battery's. Still no luck.
I am not sure what happened or why. Anyone else have this problem? I also tried to disconnect the positive cable while the alarm was going off and using the key to lock and unlock the door, neither worked. Hoping I don't have to get it towed to the dealer.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Key fobs wouldn't respond, alarm went off when I used the key fob key to unlock the door. Since the truck was 4 years old I figured it was a battery issue. I replaced the truck battery and also the key fob battery's. Still no luck.
I am not sure what happened or why. Anyone else have this problem? I also tried to disconnect the positive cable while the alarm was going off and using the key to lock and unlock the door, neither worked. Hoping I don't have to get it towed to the dealer.
Has it been raining or wet recently? Could be a failed security module on the back wall of the truck. I can't think of what it is called right now. Leaking real window or third brake light.

You can start the truck by pushing the start button with the bottom of the key.

6of36

Reaction score
Has it been raining or wet recently? Could be a failed security module on the back wall of the truck. I can't think of what it is called right now. Leaking real window or third brake light.

RF module. And you are probably right.

Ray2020Ram1500

Reaction score

It has been raining a lot lately. If it is the security module, is that a dealer repair only?

6of36

Reaction score
It has been raining a lot lately. If it is the security module, is that a dealer repair only?
You can buy the parts, but wait. Check to see if your rear window, or third brake light, are leaking water. There are extensions to the warranties, for these issues. if there is a water leak from one of those, the RF hub should also be covered, if it caused damage.

binbind

Reaction score
You can buy the parts, but wait. Check to see if your rear window, or third brake light, are leaking water. There are extensions to the warranties, for these issues. if there is a water leak from one of those, the RF hub should also be covered, if it caused damage.
I have the same issue since yesterday and discovered that the floor under the back seats is wet and molded. I am not able to start my truck even I used the fob to push the start button. If it is an RF damage caused my window leak, whom should I contact with first, local dealer or manufacturer?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same issue since yesterday and discovered that the floor under the back seats is wet and molded. I am not able to start my truck even I used the fob to push the start button. If it is an RF damage caused my window leak, whom should I contact with first, local dealer or manufacturer?
Sure sounds like the RF hub took a dump.
What year and model do you have?

binbind

Reaction score
I would contact the dealer and see it your truck falls under the extended rear window and 3rd brake-light warranty.
Actually, I checked with mopar service yesterday and found my truck has both extended warranties. Didn't get chance to check with local dealer yet since they are closed today. The pending question would be if the damages (i.e., RF hub) will be covered by these two extended warranties.

6of36

Reaction score
Actually, I checked with mopar service yesterday and found my truck has both extended warranties. Didn't get chance to check with local dealer yet since they are closed today. The pending question would be if the damages (i.e., RF hub) will be covered by these two extended warranties.
Yes they should cover any damage caused by a covered issue. If carpet is only wet, it will dry, but if there is mold, they should replace that along with the repair, under warranty. If they don't want to fix anything effected by the issue, contact Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread