5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram 1500 Key Fobs

jakeintexas

Reaction score
Hello

Looking for some advice. My truck only came with one key fob and I want to get a second one. I’ve read some post you can get after market ones from local auto parts stores or order from Amazon and take them in somewhere to get coded. Any advice? I know the dealer prices are like 400-600.

I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought one on e-bay, but you have to go to the dealer or a loch smith to get it programmed. They charged me $75. YMMV.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought one off eBay that had remote tailgate release button and had it programmed by local locksmith. Cheaper than going to dealer.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a new cost cutting move by FCA? I've always gotten 2 key fobs with every vehicle I've ever bought.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is that a new cost cutting move by FCA? I've always gotten 2 key fobs with every vehicle I've ever bought.

They started doing that after covid, not enough parts to give buyers 2 fobs, they claimed

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It might be a dealer thing, my truck came with two keys however the second key was not programmed before I took delivery. I had to take it back but to my surprise they programmed the second key for free.that might have been because I bought a third key for them to also program and they charged me $125 for that.

n7qpp

Reaction score
Check with ACE hardware. They just programmed a Toyota key fob for me. Only charged $50.00 fee. Dealer and Locksmiths wanted $185.00 just to program.

Users who are viewing this thread