5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Exhaust Smell in Cabin

jakeintexas

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with about 57k on it. I started noticing last week a stronger than normal exhaust smell in the cabin if I’m not recirculating the cabin air.

Any ideas of where to start looking? Saw some post while researching it could be a leaking exhaust manifold. Does anyone know where to find that or look? My truck has a 3.5 lift so I have decent access underneath I just don’t know where to look and what to look for?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s what I’d look for first. Search for threads about the cracked exhaust manifold. There will be pics in there.

jakeintexas

Reaction score
That’s what I’d look for first. Search for threads about the cracked exhaust manifold. There will be pics in there.
Thanks, I’m really hoping it’s covered by the warranty, sounds super expensive and it sounds like in most threads dealer are replacing both.

My family was complaining of the fumes and I’m out of tow. Until Monday. I may even rent them a car and I will just drive it back. I’m going to go look under the truck this afternoon.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks, I’m really hoping it’s covered by the warranty, sounds super expensive and it sounds like in most threads dealer are replacing both.

My family was complaining of the fumes and I’m out of tow. Until Monday. I may even rent them a car and I will just drive it back. I’m going to go look under the truck this afternoon.
It should be covered by bumper to bumper and/or powertrain. Don’t let them BS you

jakeintexas

Reaction score

So good news, it’s covered and it is a cracked manifold on the passenger side. No charge to me.

They are asking if i want to go ahead and get the 60k brake fluid and fuel injector see if done. I never had that service on any of my other trucks, any thoughts on the value of that? It’s about 300 for both services.

Users who are viewing this thread