5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram 1500 etorque constant squeaking/belt squeak?

Bigga826

Reaction score
anyone else notice the constant squeak coming from their 2019/2020? My neighbors have the 2019 5.7 non etorque and it does the same thing. Sounds like a 10 year old car. It the mornings after it rains its super loud and then goes down to a very low constant squeak. Today the dealership said " could not duplicate" but I can hear it standing right next to them.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I just heard this on my non-etorque 2019 Rebel Hemi this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2019Ram64

Reaction score
It’s because the second tensioner for the etorque is weak. I imagine there will be a recall or tsb on it eventually.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
anyone else notice the constant squeak coming from their 2019/2020? My neighbors have the 2019 5.7 non etorque and it does the same thing. Sounds like a 10 year old car. It the mornings after it rains its super loud and then goes down to a very low constant squeak. Today the dealership said " could not duplicate" but I can hear it standing right next to them.
No. I've had two different eTorque trucks.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If your neighbor’s truck makes the same sound without eTorque, then it’s unlikely that eTorque is contributing to the issue.

I’ve had no belt/pulley sounds in 20 months of ownership (and I do have eTorque).

Bigga826

Reaction score
So interestingly, dealer is changing two tensioners and the belt. Funny thing is, the loaner they gave me does the same exact thing!! Starting to think it might be a design flaw for a lot of the newer models.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If your neighbor’s truck makes the same sound without eTorque, then it’s unlikely that eTorque is contributing to the issue.

I’ve had no belt/pulley sounds in 20 months of ownership (and I do have eTorque).
Same here, year old, quiet as a tomb.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Does anyone have a video they can post of this noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread