5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 ECODIESEL Numbers:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
[attachment=0]JL.jpg[/attachment]

According to Jeep, the Wrangler JL's ECODIESEL is getting these numbers. Should be close to 2020 Ram 1500s official numbers.

The current ECODIESEL has these numbers...

2014-10be-chrysler-ram.jpg

Attachments

• JL.jpg
    JL.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 305

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[attachment=0]JL.jpg[/attachment]

According to Jeep, the Wrangler JL's ECODIESEL is getting these numbers. Should be close to 2020 Ram 1500s official numbers.

The current ECODIESEL has these numbers...

2014-10be-chrysler-ram.jpg
Should be higher in the ram trucks I would assume to be top dog after the duramax numbers were leaked .

Doc

Reaction score
Should be higher in the ram trucks I would assume to be top dog after the duramax numbers were leaked .
If the 1500 was going to match the jeep I think those numbers would have been leaked/divulged.

alangsam

Reaction score

Can’t imagine buying one of these given the large number of failures of the last attempt at a diesel ram. Total lack of quality control and testing.
I’d wait a year to see how they are holding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t imagine buying one of these given the large number of failures of the last attempt at a diesel ram. Total lack of quality control and testing.

Still going to buy it.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Car and Driver: 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Hits 24 MPG on the Highway
That the 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel EcoDiesel returned 24 mpg in our 75-mph, 200-mile highway fuel-economy test is remarkable by itself. But when considered against the 18 mpg returned by its counterpart, the Ram 1500 Rebel equipped with a gasoline-burning 5.7-liter Hemi V-8, the diesel is truly compelling. Its fuel economy number, however, comes with at least one caveat.

Both trucks we tested were all-wheel-drive Rebel off-road models with the same final-drive ratios, tires, and cab-and-bed configurations. But despite Fiat Chrysler's bold insistence that the EcoDiesel will be on sale before the end of the year, it has not yet received EPA emissions certification. The EPA's fuel-economy estimates are still forthcoming as well. Put simply, there's no way to know if the engine calibration we tested here will be the one Ram will eventually sell.

Still, in daily driving, the difference in fuel economy is even greater than on the highway. Our diesel-powered Rebel averaged 20 mpg, while its gas counterpart swilled a gallon of regular every 14 miles. However, even this substantial difference requires driving more than 86,000 miles before fuel-cost savings overcomes the $3600 premium Ram asks for the EcoDiesel over its also optional Hemi V-8. And because we've only tested the off-road–oriented Rebel, comparisons to the light-duty Ford F-150 Power Stroke mean very little. The Chevy Silverado 1500 and the GMC Sierra 1500 diesel models are still awaiting EPA certification as well, and the General won't make one available for testing until that process is complete.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
371,500 miles on my first engine until leaking EGR cooler (thank over reaching government) caused low coolant & pushed a head gasket. Not VM Motori or the motors fault. In part bad on me. 226,000 on its replacement so far. Only one issue I got a load of bad fuel. Great mileage, tows 1/2 ton appropriate loads effortlessly & efficiently so I am anticipating the 2020 3!generation engine. Note I do have engine & transmission tunes. Turns off pointless EGR and better regen management so no emissions problems for me in the last 337,000 miles. Transmission has had nothing but fluid changes every 100k.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
371,500 miles on my first engine until leaking EGR cooler (thank over reaching government) caused low coolant & pushed a head gasket. Not VM Motori or the motors fault. In part bad on me. 226,000 on its replacement so far. Only one issue I got a load of bad fuel. Great mileage, tows 1/2 ton appropriate loads effortlessly & efficiently so I am anticipating the 2020 3!generation engine. Note I do have engine & transmission tunes. Turns off pointless EGR and better regen management so no emissions problems for me in the last 337,000 miles. Transmission has had nothing but fluid changes every 100k.
cant wait to see numbers after a tune on the 3rd gen.

Users who are viewing this thread