5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn BDS 6 inch lift

RAMonkey

Reaction score
Quoting these to get some input here - Just had a 7" Maxtrac lift installed on my RWD 2021. I also have the 6'4" bed, and the 2-piece drive shaft. When I ordered the kit, there wasn't an option for the carrier bearing drop/spacer kit (so I had no idea it was even a thing). After the lift was installed a couple days ago, I now have some vibration between 52-58 mph, that I never had before, so started researching, and found out about this. I emailed Maxtrac, and they said it wasn't offered, because it's not needed for the 2019 and newer models... But, looks like other manufacturers sell it, as per what you guys are saying. If BDS has it (and their "sister" company, Zone, sells it for the 2021 model).

So - Is it necessary? For $40-$50, I'll get it, looks easy enough to put on myself. No harm, right?
Did you ever install the drop kit? How’d it go?

jwiley386

Reaction score
Have you experienced any issues with you ACC (Adapative Cruice Control) or your FCW (Forward Collision Assistance)?

I have a 6" on 37s and after 6months of no issues it randomly starts throwing a FCW Warning on my dash (has not gone away).

Dealer said the MAX RIDE HEIGHT for those systems to callibrate are 1100mm and my truck now sits at 1168mm on 37s with factory rims..

Brunzca

Reaction score
Have you experienced any issues with you ACC (Adapative Cruice Control) or your FCW (Forward Collision Assistance)?

I have a 6" on 37s and after 6months of no issues it randomly starts throwing a FCW Warning on my dash (has not gone away).

Dealer said the MAX RIDE HEIGHT for those systems to callibrate are 1100mm and my truck now sits at 1168mm on 37s with factory rims..
I don’t have either of those features, but my traction control warning comes on quite often when entering/leaving a highway via circular off-ramp

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Eventually I wanna swap my RL 3.5" Bilstein kit for a BDS 4" coilover kit.....or go the cheaper route and just swap front to Fox 2-3" coilovers and a .5" spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread