5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn BDS 6 inch lift

Hobz62

Reaction score
Put my lift on today! Wheels are vision 18x9 manx2s wrapped by 35x12.5 KM3s.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Man that is a great looking setup! Nice work! A cheap add-on would be some rear wheel well liners to finish it up.

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
I got it in the kit.
I just lifted my truck 6". I am experiencing significant vibration and the installer mentioned they ordered me a carrier bearing drop kit. My lift kit did not come with it. :(. I have the 6.4" bed as well. What was the approx drop amount the drop kit provided?

Brunzca

Reaction score
Did they give you a drop bracket for the carrier bearing for the drive shift since you have the 6'4" bed and dual drive shafts?

I just lifted my truck 6". I am experiencing significant vibration and the installer mentioned they ordered me a carrier bearing drop kit. My lift kit did not come with it. :(. I have the 6.4" bed as well. What was the approx drop amount the drop kit provided?

Quoting these to get some input here - Just had a 7" Maxtrac lift installed on my RWD 2021. I also have the 6'4" bed, and the 2-piece drive shaft. When I ordered the kit, there wasn't an option for the carrier bearing drop/spacer kit (so I had no idea it was even a thing). After the lift was installed a couple days ago, I now have some vibration between 52-58 mph, that I never had before, so started researching, and found out about this. I emailed Maxtrac, and they said it wasn't offered, because it's not needed for the 2019 and newer models... But, looks like other manufacturers sell it, as per what you guys are saying. If BDS has it (and their "sister" company, Zone, sells it for the 2021 model).

So - Is it necessary? For $40-$50, I'll get it, looks easy enough to put on myself. No harm, right?

Users who are viewing this thread