5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 BH passenger dash airbag removal

RamBigHorn/LS

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I bought this totalled 2020 Ram 1500 with 3000 miles for $18500. The airbags were deployed. The side airbag was fairly easy. A couple questions: Does the steering column have a clock spring? What's the best way to access passengers dash airbag? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2020 Ram Big Horn.jpeg
    2020 Ram Big Horn.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 56

javipty

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I bought this totalled 2020 Ram 1500 with 3000 miles for $18500. The airbags were deployed. The side airbag was fairly easy. A couple questions: Does the steering column have a clock spring? What's the best way to access passengers dash airbag? Thanks in advance!
How did you remove the passenger airbag?

RamBigHorn/LS

Reaction score
I removed both glove boxes & trim for access. Then removed the metal mounting bracket from the air bag. The actual dash mounting bolts are time consuming to remove but much less time than removing dash. Once you have bracket loose from old air bag box and dash push up old bag and remove bracket. Push old airbag down and remove it. RE-install the exact same order. Hope this helps. Make sure to disconnect battery before starting this process.

Georgf

Reaction score
I myself replaced all the AirBags in my Ram, to replace the passenger I removed the entire Dash, which I also restored. I'm sure you can‘t replace the passenger airbag without removing the Dash.

Attachments

• 57DAFCB8-9BE2-405E-9BBD-1B67BB8AF018.jpeg
    57DAFCB8-9BE2-405E-9BBD-1B67BB8AF018.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

tcam999

Reaction score
I myself replaced all the AirBags in my Ram, to replace the passenger I removed the entire Dash, which I also restored. I'm sure you can‘t replace the passenger airbag without removing the Dash.
I agree I was able to get close by pulling both glove boxes and unbolting the airbag bracket, but I dont care how hard you pry I was unable to remove the airbag without taking a sawzall to one leg of the bracket first after that I could pry the bracket and the airbag out but the dash is unrepairable so what is the point? After removing the airbag I will now have to remove the dash to replace it .......unless I just put a patch over the giant clean cut hole created by the airbag deployment..... hmmmmm what to do?

Georgf

Reaction score
I agree I was able to get close by pulling both glove boxes and unbolting the airbag bracket, but I dont care how hard you pry I was unable to remove the airbag without taking a sawzall to one leg of the bracket first after that I could pry the bracket and the airbag out but the dash is unrepairable so what is the point? After removing the airbag I will now have to remove the dash to replace it .......unless I just put a patch over the giant clean cut hole created by the airbag deployment..... hmmmmm what to do?
There are professional shops repares dash after airbag deployment, but you need take off and disassemble it before. I did it in Russia, it cost me about $200, and it looks like new. it’s for Bighorn dash, no leather.

Users who are viewing this thread