5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Bakflip MX4 with Rambox and Multi Function Tailgate

chrisnack

Reaction score
Good overview. I've had a few MX4's they are probably the best tri-fold out there. I hated hauling anything large in the bed though as you end up with the cover against the window which blocks you view (but also does protect the window), but it will also kill your gas mileage if you are doing any sort of distance. Although with the rambox version being narrower, maybe not an issue. My brother had one that the cover collasped on him (RAMbox version) not sure what was up with that, but Bak did replace it.

I personally switched to a Retrax Pro. You lose a bit of bed space, not something you'd want with a RAMbox truck probably since you already have a small bed, but the ability for the cover to be locked in any position, allowing to pinch cargo, and not blocking the rearview are benefits. I also run the Retrax Pro XR version, so i can run a roof rack on top of the bed, to haul my MTB's.

Great job though!

Zeeya

Reaction score
Thanks for review. I'm running MX4 on the rambox bed. This is my 3rd one. !!!! 1 Question. Your rambox covers actually sit level and look like they are flush.
Thanks again. Definitely will look at the trucks with multifunctional tailgate on my next purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread