5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Accessories - Lift Kit - P5155797

IrishRED

Reaction score
Hi All, sorry for doing this but I have not seen too much talk on this and the threads I have seen seem to have significant pricing differences.

I have had some negative experiences with aftermarket lift kits, even well known "reliable" brands. So, being that this is only my 2nd brand new vehicle ever, I am looking at staying with Mopar parts.

The price I am seeing is $984 + installation and tax, which seems like a lot less that I have seen in other threads. See link: P5155797

I will call the dealer next week to confirm all this and get the installed price but has anyone put this kit on their basic (no special packages) 5th Gen 1500 Bighorn and if so, what do you think of it? Any downfalls or negative affects on the trucks handling / drivability?

CJR28

Reaction score
Not 100% but that looks like the 4th gen/classic lift kit.

jthorn75

Reaction score
According to the install instructions this is for a classic model ram 2020 also when looking at what trucks this would fit on it says 2012-2020 which wouldn’t be correct

IrishRED

Reaction score
And when you look at another part of the instructions, it says "2009 and newer." I also think it is funny that when you open up the installation instructions, its says SUPERLIFT SUSPENSION SYSTEMS at the top of the tab! I will have go to the dealership and find out in person, I guess. Still, if anyone has put one on, I would love to hear from you!!

jthorn75

Reaction score
And when you look at another part of the instructions, it says "2009 and newer." I also think it is funny that when you open up the installation instructions, its says SUPERLIFT SUSPENSION SYSTEMS at the top of the tab! I will have go to the dealership and find out in person, I guess. Still, if anyone has put one on, I would love to hear from you!!
Sorry I probably had the year wrong, but I doubt they would advertise it with the wrong truck
Also if you google the part number it says it is for the DS model and ours is DT

IrishRED

Reaction score
That's alright, I just got back from the dealer where they said this kit is only for crew cab, not for quad cab and Mopar has nothing that works with 2020 quad cabs yet!! So apparently when you choose your vehicle, on the Mopar Accessories site, you have to pick the Ram 1500 (All-New) instead of the Ram 1500. I just clicked on the photo of the truck that said Ram 1500! The photo they use for the "ALL-New" is a silhouette of a car!! Also, the website will not recognize my VIN.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread