5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 5.7L BH - Rear Diff Fluid

Dwells3110

Reaction score
Maybe this has been brought up already here but want some fresh opinions.

Changing my rear diff fluid and using Amsoil Severe gear 75w90. I know it has friction modifier added in it already but what is others experience with severe gear in their 5th gen ram 1500's. Do you typically add more friction modifer in it which would be Slip Lock from Amsoil?

Thanks!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Amsoil requires modifier for limited slip in the 1500. I used 5 oz of the Mopar stuff per Amsoil instructions, screenshot from Amsoil's site
Screenshot_20231116_075836_Chrome~2.jpg

2021QCBH

Reaction score
My truck unfortunately doesn’t have a rear limited slip. I let it slide because it was an unbelievable buy in 2021 and has auto 4x4. I use auto on boat ramps and getting into traffic in slick and wet conditions where a limited slip would have helped.

I‘m still in powertrain warranty and wanted to service the entire driveline using Mopar fluids. I couldn’t find anything because of the strike so I swapped the front and rear to Amsoil sever gear 75-90. 3.21 here and that’s the rear spec and the front spec is 75-85. The only guys that make that in higher end stuff is Redline. I went Amsoil in both to keep it simple.

I tow a lot and the rear fluid didn’t look bad coming out but was for used. The front diff looked as new as I’d ever seen and I felt bad changing it. I will be going with a 100k mile interval on the front going forward.

daberk

Reaction score
How can I positively verify whether I have limited slip or not? I do not see any mention of it on the window sticker. I have the 3.92 with E-locker if that helps.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How can I positively verify whether I have limited slip or not? I do not see any mention of it on the window sticker. I have the 3.92 with E-locker if that helps.
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can have E locker and lsd.
On 2022s lsd was it's own option (would show on window sticker) , not sure on 2019.
You can enter your Vin here to check. FCA RAM

Dwells3110

Reaction score
As darksteel statesd, put your vin in that website for your build sheet. Should say anti-spin rear differential or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread