5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Exhaust Leak Sound

gszyman

Reaction score
Morning All,

I've got a 2020 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi engine and on my way to work yesterday I heard a pop and my exhaust note changed immediately. Driving home I noticed what sounds like a raspy exhaust leak underneath the front passenger floorboard area, best I can tell from in the cab. Taking a peak underneath I don't notice any obvious cracks or breaks in the welded joints anywhere in the area. Does anyone have any insight or ideas as to where my leak my be? I need to drive to Nashville for work (approx. 500 miles from where I live) in a few days and need to know if this needs to be investigated before I leave or if it will be ok to tackle once I'm back in town. Thank you all for your input and have a great day!

Best Regards,
Greg

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Morning All,

I've got a 2020 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi engine and on my way to work yesterday I heard a pop and my exhaust note changed immediately. Driving home I noticed what sounds like a raspy exhaust leak underneath the front passenger floorboard area, best I can tell from in the cab. Taking a peak underneath I don't notice any obvious cracks or breaks in the welded joints anywhere in the area. Does anyone have any insight or ideas as to where my leak my be? I need to drive to Nashville for work (approx. 500 miles from where I live) in a few days and need to know if this needs to be investigated before I leave or if it will be ok to tackle once I'm back in town. Thank you all for your input and have a great day!

Best Regards,
Greg
If it's under the truck, more than likely, the bolts broke at the flange before the muffler. Common problem, bolts are of dissimilar metal, and corrode and break.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Probably so. Mine did the same thing. The flange is in front of the muffler. I had the shop repair that and install my flowmaster. Here's a pic.
1681420780988.png

Tesla

Reaction score
Same issue on mine a few months back. Parts weren't that expensive from the dealer, had my mechanic replace it. Didn't take long at all

KevinT

Reaction score
At 44K miles, this just happened on my Ram. I appreciate the info and pics as it will make diagnosis and treatment very easy.

Users who are viewing this thread