5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Pentastar with 40 Series

Smerberj

Reaction score
So as the title says, I had a 40 series muffler installed today. My truck is a 2020 RAM Pentastar, not very many videos of these on YouTube yet so I wanted to post a link to my video here so y'all could hear it. Truck still has resonator. Originally at the muffler shop the tech put on a 10 Series and it was LOUD! It sounded pretty damn good but the drone was awful. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try and help.

taz2016

Reaction score
Model # of muffler? How about a clip at normal idle and also revved up a little. Thanks!

Smerberj

Reaction score
Model # of muffler? How about a clip at normal idle and also revved up a little. Thanks!
I posted a video of idle. I'll get one with some revs in there. Not sure the model #, the muffler shop took care of all that but I believe it's single inlet offset - single outlet center. 2 3/4 diameter.

Smerberj

Reaction score
So I still have the stock resonator on there and was curious so on Monday I will be replacing the resonator with a Super 10. Will post a video when it's done.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Okay guys and girls the Super 10 has replaced the resonator and is dumped to the ground. First impressions, WOW, sounds deep, like way to deep to be a V6. I think I just found the perfect setup. Drone from 30 - 45 is pretty bad but once you're cruising the exhaust note is almost non-existent, cruise control at 60 is quiet. Will post pictures and video soon.

jlau76

Reaction score
Wow.....love the gurgle. Thanks for posting....that's a nice sounding V6.

Smerberj

Reaction score
Wow.....love the gurgle. Thanks for posting....that's a nice sounding V6.
In the warm start video you can hear a "lobe" that usually only comes from V8's, the idle sounds like my old Chevy 4.8L and it had a dumped Magnaflow exhaust. Thank you for the compliment too.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, I know it's no Hemi but I'm making a move to Cali next year so the V6 was the smarter option for me seeing how California gas prices are $$$$$.
No it’s not, but that’s what makes it cool man. And I’m interested, after hearing the exhaust, even more. Not to high jack the thread. Did a lot of reading on the v6. It’s to be known that the stock intake manifolds and engine feed off intake flow. MMx has a adaptor plate, you can find a stock 80mm hemi tb super cheap. To be told, really good gains even without tune.

Smerberj

Reaction score
No it’s not, but that’s what makes it cool man. And I’m interested, after hearing the exhaust, even more. Not to high jack the thread. Did a lot of reading on the v6. It’s to be known that the stock intake manifolds and engine feed off intake flow. MMx has a adaptor plate, you can find a stock 80mm hemi tb super cheap. To be told, really good gains even without tune.
Oh no ****? Even for these new PUG Pentastars w/ etorque? I'll definitely look into that, right now I'm looking at the RIPP coil packs, dyno proven for 10+ HP.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh no ****? Even for these new PUG Pentastars w/ etorque? I'll definitely look into that, right now I'm looking at the RIPP coil packs, dyno proven for 10+ HP.
Yes sir, as long as I’ve read it correctly. Some impressive gains from that. All about manifold flow a vvt. Say that oem tb is way to small for what the engine can actually ingest. Even at stock levels. The charger & smaller vehicle folks have been doing it for years apparently

Smerberj

Reaction score
Yes sir, as long as I’ve read it correctly. Some impressive gains from that. All about manifold flow a vvt. Say that oem tb is way to small for what the engine can actually ingest. Even at stock levels. The charger & smaller vehicle folks have been doing it for years apparently
I just did some research and you were right. Seems the TB's can be had from anywhere between $200 - $500. I'll definitely look into that too, would just like someone to release a closed box air intake system or at the very least a smooth air intake pipe to delete that massive resonator.

jlau76

Reaction score
I just did some research and you were right. Seems the TB's can be had from anywhere between $200 - $500. I'll definitely look into that too, would just like someone to release a closed box air intake system or at the very least a smooth air intake pipe to delete that massive resonator.

Not to sound rude or anything, but please stop posting these ideas.....it's really bad on my wallet. First the exhaust, now the TB......what's next? SC?

Smerberj

Reaction score
Not to sound rude or anything, but please stop posting these ideas.....it's really bad on my wallet. First the exhaust, now the TB......what's next? SC?
Found an even better deal with the throttle bodies, seems like you can buy a stock Hemi one for $100 and throw it right in. It's 80mm too. I'll try it once I get my truck back from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread