5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 orp 3.5" lift with 35"

Todd1500

Reaction score
2020 larimie with off road package.

Achieved lift with moto fab 2.5 front and 1.5 in back. Tires 35x12.5x20 with fuel contra 20x9. -2 offset. Tires just inside fenderwells with the molding.

View attachment 42391 View attachment 42393 View attachment 42392
I really like how that turned out. The red looks great with the Night Edition package. It's unusual to find a Night Edition with the ORP. That's what I've ordered.

How's the rubbing with those tires?

Rookie2332

Reaction score
Now there is none. When installed at full turn there was rubbing. Tried to heat and reshape it but in the end had to do little trimming.

I really like how that turned out. The red looks great with the Night Edition package. It's unusual to find a Night Edition with the ORP. That's what I've ordered.

Non now. After lift had some rubbing

Rookie2332

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention on lift was a tough country upper control arm used to keep angles inline.

Mrsundays

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention on lift was a tough country upper control arm used to keep angles inline.
What rear spacer did you use? And what did you do about shocks? I want to boost my Night Edition Laramie with the ORP. Mines in Granite Crystal. I’m having a hard time coming up with answers for a 3.5” lift.

Rookie2332

Reaction score
What rear spacer did you use? And what did you do about shocks? I want to boost my Night Edition Laramie with the ORP. Mines in Granite Crystal. I’m having a hard time coming up with answers for a 3.5” lift.

Moto fab spacers

2.5 in front since already had 1" lift with spring/shock package

1.5" rear. This brings truck within a 1/2" of level

In the instructions for front spacers it does remind you that orp package that struts will need to go to a press. Spring needs to be rotated 180° as the tower angles the unit.

Also went with tough country upper control arm. With lift it's a must have to keep angles in place.

Also as mentioned little plastic trimming was needed to avoid rubbing on full turn with size of tire/wheel offset I went with.

Mrsundays

Reaction score
Moto fab spacers

2.5 in front since already had 1" lift with spring/shock package

1.5" rear. This brings truck within a 1/2" of level

In the instructions for front spacers it does remind you that orp package that struts will need to go to a press. Spring needs to be rotated 180° as the tower angles the unit.

Also went with tough country upper control arm. With lift it's a must have to keep angles in place.

Also as mentioned little plastic trimming was needed to avoid rubbing on full turn with size of tire/wheel offset I went with.
Thank you sir. I may do the Readylift front level with control arms and the motofab rear spacer. I was worried with 1.5” in the rear it would put it too far off being level, but 1/2” is perfect in my opinion.

Didn’t do anything with the shocks, in terms of lengthening?

Rookie2332

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I may do the Readylift front level with control arms and the motofab rear spacer. I was worried with 1.5” in the rear it would put it too far off being level, but 1/2” is perfect in my opinion.

Didn’t do anything with the shocks, in terms of lengthening?

No need to lengthen shocks with the 2.5" spacer to achieve the 3.5" that is max lift before having to do a full kit.

Users who are viewing this thread