5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering

Ejenkins8984

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have been flirting with ordering a new 1500. The dealer tells me that for the level 2 package, only the eTorque Hemi is allowed. The ram website shows the same rule when building. Is this a requirement? Can I get non eTorque somehow? I’d FCA just pushing the eTorques in stock and I should wait this out? desired 2020 ram 1500 4x4, Laramie. Leather bench, hemi, air suspension, 392 rear, sunroof, level 2, off-road package, rambox, multifunction tailgate, blue. Any advice? Ordering location jacksonville Florida.

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have been flirting with ordering a new 1500. The dealer tells me that for the level 2 package, only the eTorque Hemi is allowed. The ram website shows the same rule when building. Is this a requirement? Can I get non eTorque somehow? I’d FCA just pushing the eTorques in stock and I should wait this out? desired 2020 ram 1500 4x4, Laramie. Leather bench, hemi, air suspension, 392 rear, sunroof, level 2, off-road package, rambox, multifunction tailgate, blue. Any advice? Ordering location jacksonville Florida.

I ran into the same thing. Wanted Level 2 had to get eTorque. So that is what I ended up with. Not sure if/when they will change the requirement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x2
- 5.7 HEMI eTorque 3.92 rear end
- Patriot Blue

steveved

Reaction score
I would not let the eTorque thing stress you. Mine has the eTorque Hemi

Approaching 20,000 miles now. No issues. I still think it was a gimmick to charge us more money as I don't think it helps fuel mileage at all. But, having it won't hurt your truck at all.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I'm in no rush so I'm gonna wait a couple months and see if Ram changes and lets me order the regular hemi. I don't want the e-torque.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
FYI the online configuring tool will now allow the regular hemi with the level 2 pkg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think you’ll find etq to be just fine. Now the ramboxes may be more of a headache. Read the threads about them.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
I was wrong. Still can't get the reg hemi with lvl 2. I was building a 19

Ejenkins8984

Reaction score
Update. Been a week and Ram never contacted me. I called back today and opened a new case about being forced into the etorque. I hope to get a call soon.
for those who say it’s not an issue, it’s probably not for you, but if I’m paying this much, I don’t want to be forced into the option. It’s not like I am asking for something that they can’t, or haven’t been doing. Stay tuned...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update. Been a week and Ram never contacted me. I called back today and opened a new case about being forced into the etorque. I hope to get a call soon.
for those who say it’s not an issue, it’s probably not for you, but if I’m paying this much, I don’t want to be forced into the option. It’s not like I am asking for something that they can’t, or haven’t been doing. Stay tuned...
I get that you don't feel like what was an option in 2019 should now be standard equipment in 20’, yet manufacturers do this all the time. Bundling of equipment into packages, delineating some equipment as not available (power folding mirrors with the tow package) is how someone in marketing has decided things. Its not a production issue IMHO, its being driven by other factors. If RAM wants to increase acceptance and use, it becomes standard.

Honda diid the same thing with VCM (variable cylinder management) on their popular van, the top 2 trims came with it standard, you had to accept the technology.

drstein

Reaction score
OMG, the self appointed " sage " has chimed in with his " opinion" again, stated in a factual, fatherly manner and incorrect.
" Standard Equipment " does NOT have an upcharge. Its an OPTION. Also, the fact that OP does NOT want it seems to not matter to the sage.....good grief....

Ejenkins8984

Reaction score
Ram customer care called today. No reasonable answer on this. Level 2 equipment is attached to etorque and it appears there is no changing it on the horizon. There was an article posted about two weeks ago about production numbers. If I recall, only 12% of the orders for November were for etorque equipped rams. That tells me there is little demand from the consumer for the product.
if there is someone on here from Ram , I would really like to ensure they get the feedback, at least from this consumer, is no thanks on etorque!

Ejenkins8984

Reaction score
Hi folks, I emailed some high ups at ram about forcing the eTorque and here is the response.

We launched the 2020 model year Ram 1500 with the 5.7L HEMI eTorque the only V8 option on a Limited, Longhorn and Laramie w/ Level 2 package.

Given the critical reception of this powertrain in 2019MY, we wanted to proliferate it's use given it provides all of the conventional HEMI's characteristics with improved fuel economy. Simply put, we believe it is our best gasoline engine given the combination of power, capability and fuel economy 5.7L HEMI eTorque provides and that combination seemed to fit well with our premium trim levels.

However, due to customer feedback, we have recently opened the 5.7L HEMI non-eTorque on the Longhorn and Limited. Dealers can now place orders for those trims although the website hasn't caught up to that yet. We are looking at opening up the Laramie Level 2 as well, however there are some additional technical validations that need to be done first. Hopefully we'll be able to open that up in January

Cannonball

Reaction score
I was just messing around on the build app and I was unable to select any v8 option with a 2020 limited 4x2.... Is it just me or is legit? Screenshot_2020-01-30-15-34-15.png

Users who are viewing this thread