5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 no start issue

chappie902

Reaction score
Im new to forums, so please bare with me.
I have one of my work trucks, with a no start. 2020 Ram 2500 6.4. plain jane work truck. Truck worked fine, shut off for 8 hours. No start when I returned. Tried to boost, no luck. Noticed fob not responding, no lock or unlock, no panic. Tried pressing for=b to pts button, nothing.
I was told it could be the rf hub, so I took the complete rf hub, pts button and key from another truck in the yard, Still nothing. I ordered a Z Automotive gateway bypass module. Installed, still no difference.
Everything that requires keyed power, does not work
i have had a few mechanics looking at this with me, all stumped.
I decided to join a forum, the knowledge that is out there will be very helpfull.
P.S. I was a Ford guy until I was given a new Ram in 2016 as a work truck. Thats what my entire work fleet is now.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im new to forums, so please bare with me.
I have one of my work trucks, with a no start. 2020 Ram 2500 6.4. plain jane work truck. Truck worked fine, shut off for 8 hours. No start when I returned. Tried to boost, no luck. Noticed fob not responding, no lock or unlock, no panic. Tried pressing for=b to pts button, nothing.
I was told it could be the rf hub, so I took the complete rf hub, pts button and key from another truck in the yard, Still nothing. I ordered a Z Automotive gateway bypass module. Installed, still no difference.
Everything that requires keyed power, does not work
i have had a few mechanics looking at this with me, all stumped.
I decided to join a forum, the knowledge that is out there will be very helpfull.
P.S. I was a Ford guy until I was given a new Ram in 2016 as a work truck. Thats what my entire work fleet is now.
Pretty sure that you can not just swap the RF modules between trucks and have it work.
The SGW bypass allows you to access modules that are behind the fire wall, does nothing more.

We are 1500 guys, most of us me included are not familiar with the HD trucks.
You might get better help at the RAM HD forums.

Users who are viewing this thread