5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Longhorn with stock 18" wheels. New tires with - or without - a 2" level

tpetty

Reaction score
I've perused multiple threads here, and was hoping the "Wheel & tire overview" thread would have the answers, but I'm not really seeing clear answers specific to my stock 18" wheels. I'm sure others have looked into this, and can likely give me the answers. I've got 42k miles on my truck, and it's going to need new tires soon. It's a quad cab 4wd Longhorn. Does not have air ride suspension or the off road package.

How much bigger tires can I put on the stock 18" rims WITHOUT a level? 275/70/18 (33") is what I saw recommended in one thread.
What tires can I put on WITH a 2" leveling kit - without worrying about rubbing? 35s?

Thanks

Last edited:

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To clarify, is your Horn Long or Big? (Hope it’s not Limited).

275/70/18 definitely fit on stock wheels.

Folks fit 295/70/18 on stock wheels with ORP but not sure I’ve seen success stories for that size on non-orp trucks.

With a 2” level feel free to go up to 285/75/18 (~35”) on stock wheels (35x12.5” will rub UCA on stock wheels).

tpetty

Reaction score
It's a Longhorn, no off road package, no air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread